My New C5
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: My New C5

Default My New C5

Hi Folks

Advertisement

I have just acquired a 2008 C5 exclusive (current shape) that has done 9000k in mint condition, I am wrapped. I would like to ask if anybody has had a towbar fitted to there similar C5 & how it looks, as I had a T/Bar fitted to my last one but the new one looks so good I don't want to spoil the effect.

Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Leanmor I have a 1210 C5 with the works, i was advised not to go down that road re the tow bar,having said that i have come across some c5 that have a tow bar fitted but do not have reverse warning issue, so i am not sure if this is an issue.
    enjoy your C5.
    Tony

Thanks Tony
    I have seen a c5 same shape with a trailer attached driving down the road & I'm fairly sure that the reversing thing is shut down when a plug is inserted as this is what happened with my old C5, but I still don't think it will look good so if anyone can photogragh one & post it I would be happier than I am now.

Cheers

UFO

I have towed a few times with the C5 and it does a fine job. 110 km/h on the freeway was no problem. The fitted bar has a removable tongue ala Hayman Reese. When not in use I have the square blanking plug in place and the insert sits on top of the spare tyre. I use a small black padlock to hold the locking bar in place for the tongue/insert.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information