Berlingo o5 drivers door lock/ window winder
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Berlingo o5 drivers door lock/ window winder

Recently acqired ,drivers door latch works ,but wont lock, key turns , dousnt activate rod the lock,seems a mission to take apart any input ,and also window jammed in the up position how do i get it apart ,winder wont budge ,PUGS

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

on closer inspection,was found that the winder mechanism has disintegrated so a replacement will be required ,spose the drivers side ones get all the work, so a used one may be a bit of a lottery ,the lock loosened up overnight, with inox ,the left one needs the same treatment,on all locks except the sliding door the keys turn but the arm inside dousnt ,seems these have been forced due to the lock problem and broken .It would appear that an aftermarket central locking system may be the cheapest solution ,jaycar have them for around $100 by the time i start replaceing or repairing 3 spindles ,im better off running the wires ,i will still have the slider operated by the ignition key, if i get a flat battery or have glitches with the central locking ,PUGS

What part of the reg broke? The plastic clips?

Many Blingos are already wired for central locking. Mine only lacked the rear door actuator and control box. You might be able to fit a Xsara BSI and ECU set to get factory wireless locking.

1000+ Posts

No just the lock where the key goes in ,all 3 of them ,i will check for extra wires ,so were do they all end up, under the dash somewhere i spose ,by the way i slipped a couple of alloys off my old 405 MI on it, 195 /60/15 looks all grown up, although theres not a lot of clearance on the inside of the rears there not staying on ,there headed for my wifes diesel PUGS

The BSI drives your central locking, it also contains the transmit/receive. From memory on an M59 it's near your right knee, where the M49 had a regular fusepanel.

Look for wires 201/202/203/205 in the door harnesses and into the BSI. The first two are the "doing" wires that actually lock or unlock, while the last two are the instructing wires - disconnecting the one which is presently grounded and grounding the other, changes the status of the locks.

You really need 6mm spacers to run a 195 rear tyre.

1000+ Posts

i need a drivers side window winder mechanism,manuel any leads on whos wrecking.PUGS

Reno-Reck have one, I think.

Official part number for RHS mechanism is 9222.A4 and it applies to earlier Berlingos as well.

Thread Information