Xantia VSX Ser. 2 strut tops on Ser.1 ???
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason

Thread: Xantia VSX Ser. 2 strut tops on Ser.1 ???

Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia VSX Ser. 2 strut tops on Ser.1 ???

Can anyone advise me if the series 2 Xantia VSX strut tops will fit a '96 series 1 please ?

Advertisement

If not, what modifications are necessary ?

Thanks,
    Richard

VSX here at least, is a S1 designation - S2 cars were named "Exclusive". The later strut tops should bolt straight on. There was a brief dalliance with another pipe end but the same thread, however this should not impact on your situation as yours is likely to have the same pipe ends as the vast majority of Hydractive S2 cars.

I'd suggest renewing the gaiters ("soufflets") and bump stops plus the top O-ring seal on the shaft as you go.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks addo.

Richard

Hi Richard,
    the series 2 strut tops will fit with no problem. However, if your series 1 car is like mine, a VSX, you have to use series 2 VSX Strut tops, as the VSX pipes are much thicker than the non VSX ones.
    If you have series 2 VSX strut tops, and a non VSX series 1 car, your pipes are not going to fit.
    In that case, you might like to sell me the series 2 VSX tops you can't use. Just for spares, as my series 1 VSX strut tops seem to be ok so far, but it's good to have spares on hand in case the originals go "pop".
    Cheers....George 1/8th.
    Xantia 1996 VSX.
    Last edited by George 1/8th; 20th November 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: to correct a point I'm trying to make

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry George, my car is a VSX series 1, but I needed to know if the later series 2 VSX [ Exclusive ] "Hyperactive" tops were interchangeable when ordering, or if I found some series 2s 2nd hand.
    If I do find any good 2nd hand early ones I will this time not procrastinate & have security braces made up to fit over the tops.
    So far I have enquired of a few potential sources & only 2 have bothered to reply. Jason Hantos was the quickest off the mark,& he is expecting Aquinian's Xantia there hopefully next week, but doesn't know if it a VSX. Aquinian hasn't returned my call. No replies from any of the "keen" online advertisers of Citroen parts.

Richard

That car is a SX spec. It has the small pipes.

You need 5271E2 & 5271E5 - see attachment for price (without o-rings, gaiters or bump stops) to your door. Unlikely to be bettered by any suppliers here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xantia VSX Ser. 2  strut tops on Ser.1 ???-sphere_brackets_hydractif.jpg  

ok lobbing in on this dementia I am thinking change strut tops and have a hydractive series 1 so what series 2 tops will fit and where do you get the bastards! This parts searching is bonkers on Xantias for my small brain...
    any suggestions greatly appreciated,
    Steven
    Armidillo likes this.

Thread Information