DS Pallas Trim "T" bolts
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS Pallas Trim "T" bolts

Hi all...

I'm looking for a supplier of the small "T" bolts which hold the ends of the Pallas trim top and bottom of the doors.

Advertisement

They have a M3 thread and the width of the tab is about 9mm - the length of the tab is not so important but the factory ones are 9mm square.

I've tried all the major suppliers to no avail.... any clues....?

My plan is to use these instead of the plastic clips on the bottom of the doors - this allows for a lot more adjustment than the clips do....

Many thanks in advance,

Mark...

You can probably make these yourself by cutting small squares of metal, drilling the centres and inserting an M3 screw through it. A drop of brazing rod and then grind down the heads to clear the inside of the trim strip should do the trick!
    Cheers Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Many thanks for the suggestion - I have done this in the past - but making 40 odd of them is a little tedious...

An off the shelf solution if available would be better...

All the best,

Mark....

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ds21bvh View Post
    Hi Gerry,

Many thanks for the suggestion - I have done this in the past - but making 40 odd of them is a little tedious...

All the best,

Mark....
    There is a manufacturer of this type of stuff called Auveco. I don't know if they're in the Oz market (I'm assuming they are), but you can ask a panel beater shop about it and try to order through them- Auveco is wholesale only. Catalog here.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Hi Gerry,

All the best,

Mark....
    Do you really need forty?
    By my calculation you only need 24. Distributed as below:
    Two per upper and lower door strips, =16
    Two per lower rear guard strip, =4
    One per upper rear guard strip, =2
    One per lower front guard strip, =2
    Where else do you plan to put them?
    The plastic clips that hold the rest of length of the strips on are available from Citroen Andre!
    Cheers Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I have the plastic clips here - I was looking to use them in all the holes in the lower door section to allow for some up and down adjustment to get the alignment as correct as possible. Using the clips can also mean some damage to the strips if they need to be removed at a later date, the bolts avoids the all together...

Cheers,

Mark....

Here Ya go. Der Franzose part No. 90629

http://is.gd/Hyla50
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston

79 GSA
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Many thanks Dave - I'm not sure they are the correct ones - I will send Der Franzose an email to confirm...!

Cheers,

Mark...

Hi Gerry,

I have the plastic clips here - I was looking to use them in all the holes in the lower door section to allow for some up and down adjustment to get the alignment as correct as possible. Using the clips can also mean some damage to the strips if they need to be removed at a later date, the bolts avoids the all together...

Cheers,

Mark....
    The plastic clips are easy to work with. Removing trim strips can be accomplished with a flat tool such as a knife blade. Just slide it under the strip and prise it up. A painter's scraper is also useful. a strip of masking tape next to the stainless will prevent any damage to the paint work.
    Another advantage of the plastic clips is the ease of fitting with out chipping paint. Steel threads are not so kind and can be a starting point for rust. Removal of the plastic clips is also easy once the stainless is off. Jut push the centre pin through the clip and lift the clip out. You will need to have the door trim off to retrieve the centre pins if you are planning on reusing the clips.
    Cheers Gerry

Thanks Gerry, I appreciate the detailed advice...

As I mentioned earlier the idea behind using t bolts is for adjustment. An m3 bolt in a 5mm hole means I can better align the strips along the door. There is a compromise between panel alignment and trim alignment which would need to be made using the plastic clips as they have no adjustment at all.

Cheers,

Mark...

G'Day Mark, if you get the door alignment correct ( and this is a pain on a D series -------Measurements are in the work shop manual )
    then the trim strips will be in line!
    Cheers Gerry

Thread Information