Xantia strut tops
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Xantia strut tops

I need advice on the best avenue for obtaining new Xantia series 1 strut tops please. I guess there is no need to explain why ! Left side original & ok, r/h side 2nd hand 3 years ago & attacked the poor old bonnet again.

Advertisement

Richard

You fit Series 2 strut tops, best bought from the place I reviewed recently.

Are yours Hydractive or plain vanilla?

Fellow Frogger!

It is a '96 VSX series 1 . I didn't realise the series 2 tops were interchangeable. I need to know where to find the most affordable, but reliable suppliers . I see reports of very much cheaper suppliers O/seas, but don't speak French, & came up on my eBay search.
    What was the heading for your review please addo ?
    Richard

Fellow Frogger

The new prices for Xantia strut tops (not XM though) from Citroen were reduced substantially a couple of years ago, so it's worth pricing them new via a dealer as a first step. However, used late style tops (look for the steel ring underneath) should get you out of trouble if they are still in good order. They don't last forever, but are meant to stop the bonnet being damaged when they fail. The Xantia that Aquinian is taking a gearbox from may yield a decent set, but you need to know if it's Hydractive or not. You can tell by the piping - thin is non-Hydractive, thick 10mm black tube is Hydractive. The facelifted cars have a different bonnet pressing, so you need the early bonnet. There should be a few Xantiae being parted out around the traps. Martin Bray is another source and Continentals may also be worth asking.

Thread Information