DS temperature gauge sticker
  • Register
  • Help
    mnm

Default DS temperature gauge sticker

Greetings all

a while back I approached Chris about the possibility of creating a temperature gauge sticker for the DecidedlySpecial's dash. I have the gauge but not the cute little symbol that appeared on later models. It urked me as the fuel gauge has numbers on it but the temp. side was blank..

Here's an original..

Advertisement

Anyway, Chris accepted the challenge and provided me with a multitude of stickers on 3 different finishes.. black gloss, black matt and clear.
    Superb attention to detail...

I used the clear one today, as it seemed the best match.. no discernible line when in place.. the black portion on the gauge face is 6mm wide.. so cut to size and placed with tweezers... couple of adjustments to make sure it was straight... it looks fabulous of course..

Apologies for the pic quality, but he ipad camera aint the best. You get the idea though.

Chris, Mr Bibendum and I both say thank you! You are a true gentleman.

Matthew

PS. Before you say it... yes I am squirting at 4 o clock!
    Last edited by mnm; 11th November 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Icon7

Always a pleasure Matthew, you are one that appreciates attention to detail

With the print process once set-up it's no more trouble to run a few extras, I must have hundreds now in stock on three different substrates

BTW, my Bib says hi to your Bib

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS temperature gauge sticker-2cv-3.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

My bud Bib says, g'day Chris and Matthew.

Anyone else ?

Can't wait for a temp stick indicator.

DX5
    Tadpole

DS temperature gauge sticker-img_1354_1.jpg
    My Bib doesn't have time to sit around and wave, he's always on the go! Just goes to show what a little TLC can do, because before I rescued him, he was unloved and abused. I found him one day, face down in the gutter, grimy and dishevelled. With a tear in my eye I picked him up and proclaimed "YOU BA$**RDS! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL TO A HARMLESS BIBENDUM!?" Anyway I took him home and gave him a bath and he came up smelling of roses, just as all good car air fresheners should. He did stop momentarily to have his photo taken here and asked me to pass on greetings to all other Bibs on this forum and beyond.

And if that looks like a home made black and white temperature gauge (modified petrol gauge) bodged in to look the part, it's because that's exactly what it is. A work in progress, needs a bit of alteration to sensitivity at the hot end. Bibendum and I are in agreement that one of those neat little temperature gauge stickers would go along way to helping disguise the fact. Any ideas where we can get one? I'll post a few pics on another thread of what I've done (a bit cruder than R. Carlin's approach) if I can get the gauge to work just right...

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by DX5 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1354_1.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	36520
    My Bib doesn't have time to sit around and wave, he's always on the go! Just goes to show what a little TLC can do, because before I rescued him, he was unloved and abused. I found him one day, face down in the gutter, grimy and dishevelled. With a tear in my eye I picked him up and proclaimed "YOU BA$**RDS! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL TO A HARMLESS BIBENDUM!?" Anyway I took him home and gave him a bath and he came up smelling of roses, just as all good car air fresheners should. He did stop momentarily to have his photo taken here and asked me to pass on greetings to all other Bibs on this forum and beyond.

And if that looks like a home made black and white temperature gauge (modified petrol gauge) bodged in to look the part, it's because that's exactly what it is. A work in progress, needs a bit of alteration to sensitivity at the hot end. Bibendum and I are in agreement that one of those neat little temperature gauge stickers would go along way to helping disguise the fact. Any ideas where we can get one? I'll post a few pics on another thread of what I've done (a bit cruder than R. Carlin's approach) if I can get the gauge to work just right...
    I'll have to check stock, I only printed a few hundred and as you can imagine these are a 'HOT' item

PM sent

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information