2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole

Did anybody buy GS estate in blue registered at the time WUB190 nsw?
    Colour delta blue.
    It was advertised for $900.

Advertisement

Owner then I think was Mark Beran. Any lead greatly appreciated.

I will post pics soon.

Chris Mortimer

Sorry for repeated post, but shall continue until I have established the cars fate. It would have sold via this site I think , and advertised in October 2004.

Fellow Frogger!

Default The search for the GS continues.....

Hi again, and I may seem like a desperado (don't care!!), but I am still on this a year later. AJ Patmore has been awesome, and there have been people like Rev. Andrew, Ted and Graham too who have been on to it, helpful and really understanding. It is a real car love thing.

AJ sent me this email recently and several pics of the GS Break, and from posting above, there is a tadpole involved who must know something about either it's whereabouts or how it died (for good).

There are pics from when I let it go in 1994 approx as HFT, and when AJ had it as WUB. Obviously there is quite a bit of decline indicated in the pics, including rust, so it may have been consumed by rust and gone to Citroen Heaven for all I know.

If anyone knows anything about it post 2004, I would be very grateful to know.

It is special because it was my first Citroen (I have owned ten, and still love them, especially the older ones).

Chris Mortimer
    email: [email protected]

Hi Chris
    Sorry about delay, I have had too much going on, and in this cold country i live in makes your brain slow down .... Looking forward to being back in Australia!
    Still, the details I have here from my blue wagon are:-
    Bought 1 Oct 2002 From Marcus Jones in Clovelly NSW
    Plates on car WUB190 (NSW)
    A rego sticker that was still on one of the side windows had these details:
    Expired 9 April 1998 (paid for date 9 May 1997)
    Reg: HFT189
    GXGC08GC3836
    Sold to Mark Beran on 6 July 2004
    I did very little to the car, sold it pretty much as I bought it.
    I don't know if Mark had other wagons.
    Regards
    AJ

> Hi again... I thought I had found the old GS wagon HFT189 that I owned originally.
    >
    > He says the Ariel isn't in the roof as it was during my ownership, there is door protection strips again which I didn't put on.
    >
    > The guy I sold to was in Clovelly in Sydney or thereabouts.
    >
    > If I could somehow get the VIN chassis number I would be great.
    >
    > Do you know for sure if the car with WUB plates originally had HFT 189? That would be a great starting point.
    >
    > Thanks, Chris Mortimer
    >
    > Sent from my iPad
    > ************************************************** ********************
    > This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
    > privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
    > are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
    > ************************************************** ********************
    >
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic2.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic3.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic4.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic5.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic7.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-gspic8.jpg  

2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-cit1.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-cit3.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-cit2.jpg   2004 purchaser GS 1220 estate from tadpole-g5_-_g6.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

Chris, good luck with your search, fingers crossed WUB190 has been stored somewhere dry in the interim. Or if outside in a dry place.
    GSs a bit like cats don't seem to last well if they are left outside. Leconte and I have seen what a few years outside can do with the ones we picked parts off in Terang Vic (not far from Warrnambool). To add injury and insult there were some pine trees nearby. Read recently that parking cars under trees is worse than in the open.

If all else fails I wonder if you can get your original plates back from the NSW RTA and put them on another Break for example. This is possible with Vicroads so a lot of guys in their late 50s, early 60s are buying back their first make and year of car. And then getting their original plate numbers back from Vicroads. An acquaintance has done this with a particularly nice white late 1950s, early 1960s MGA. The car itself looks better than it would have been new. I've got a couple of plates I'd like to re-acquire, JJA-650 off a 1965 Valiant AP6 V8 wagon and the plates that were originally on my dads 1976 Alfasud. The Alfa would have gone to god about 1982. Those Alfa's had shocking rustproofing from new, practically zero.

Good luck with your search, keep us posted!

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks J'aime, that is a great idea, but it would be great to have the real item back, and it is by scary seeing the rust that seems to have accumulated on it back then. Clovelly is on the coast in Sydney. But I do hope it has been put away somewhere or been at least coved, and someone out there sees the potential to bring back to life.

It is amazing that is was put on this site in 2004 or 2005, and no one knows where it went at that point. But there have been numerous cars that have come and gone on this site and it would be impossible to know where they all went.

Mark is a puzzling person, and I have tried contacting but get no response, so maybe he doesn't want to talk old cars to old hangers on like me. A shame.

Shall keep the post alive and maybe at some point it might trigger a positive response.

Chris

Fellow Frogger!

Default John Wyers

Hi folks, could anyone explain to me who this man is?

I googled the old GS rego and the name came up and a link to Citroen Club QLD.

Could he own it?

Chris M

Hi Chris
    False lead - the listing in the GS Register for your old car followed that for John Wyers', and the PIPL search has added the two together.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Are you seriously after a GS break or is the intention to find that particular break?

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Bruce, it has to be that one at this point.

I have been trying for a year and just had another false lead, called someone tonight out of the book, and got nowhere.

I am amazed it was on this board and just vanished from civilization, and seemingly no one knows where it is.

The Mark Buran lead is critical in the search but he is uncontactable.

I will see if Victoria Club may be of help to trace him. I am expecting anything, from it lovingly still owned to scrapped, or beyond repair. I do hope to find out no matter how difficult the process turns out to be.

Chris M
    Last edited by qmusic; 12th November 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post

I googled the old GS rego and the name came up and a link to Citroen Club QLD.

Could he own it?

Chris M
    John Wyers is a member of the CCCV
    cheers
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

John Wyers' blue GS wagon (recorded as registered CH8010) is another for which there is no photo in the database. Does anyone have a digital photo of it they could send me, or know of where there may already be an online photo?

Chris, it still sounds like Mark Beran is your only reliable lead, unless someone else knows of his cars. Unfortunately GS's are of the age that few of them are likely to still be professionally serviced, so it is unlikely that any of the local Citroen mechanics know it, but it may be worth putting some feelers out to see if they do. (Don't ask me who the local Citroen mechanics would be - Victoria is a foreign entity to me.)

p.s. Does anyone know if one of those Vehicle Check links you see on the cars for sale websites would be able to tell Chris of the current status of his old car, or do they only work with the later VIN's?
    Last edited by Bruce H; 13th November 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Added a P.S. question
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!

Default GS search

Bruce H, thanks for the reply mate. I will finish off what I started regardless of the outcome, and as I said, a bit of closure would be great if it has been recycled. My gut feeling is that it is out there somewhere, but it would be unloved. The restoration I did would have increased it's lifespan, and I would think that unless it has been maintained, it would now be quite shabby. If I can find, my goal would be to somehow purchase back, that is of course with a positive outcome.

I hopped on to PPSR and IREGO site last night and paid to do a check, which I will try to attach.

Yesterday, Andrew Murray sent me a contact for Mark Beran, but I was answered by another person, previously married to a Beran. I called back and stated to purpose of the call, and left a message, seeing if the wife was related to Mark. Nil reply, so I assume the answer is no, because the guy on the first call seemed friendly. I have now been given 5 phone numbers and none take me to Mark!!

The PPSR data is below - I have looked at it and I don't think there is any risk putting on Aussiefrogs. It would be great if the car is alive somewhere, but my mind is open and I am expecting anything. The data doesn't mention names, just talks cars and numbers. There are obviously no plates on it now.

The search continues....

Chris Mortimer

Page 1 of 2
    12/11/2012
    Serial Number Search Certificate
    This is a serial number search certificate for a serial number search
    This Search certificate is provided under section 174 of the Personal Property Securities Act
    Search certificate number: 3875047512440001
    Search number: 387504751244
    This search certificate reflects the data contained in the PPS Register at 12/11/2012 21:51:15 (Canberra Time)
    Search Criteria Details
    Serial number search type: Chassis number
    Motor vehicle: GXGC08GC3836
    Registration state: Current
    Registration Details
    No registrations exist for this serial number
    NEVDIS Details
    Vehicle information is requested from Austroadsí NEVDIS database for each transaction involving a vehicle VIN
    or Chassis Number on the Personal Property Securities Register. The data is not part of interests registered on
    the Personal Property Securities Register and it is presented without any guarantee regarding its accuracy.
    The NEVDIS data is intended to assist users with checking that the VIN or Chassis Number they entered, along
    with information they have about the vehicle from other sources, is accurate and to provide users with any data
    held on NEVDIS about a vehicleís stolen or written off status.
    If you require further information regarding the NEVDIS data please look at the PPSR website:
    www.ppsr.gov.au.
    Access to and use of data provided through the PPSR is subject to the PPSR General Conditions Of Use and
    applicable third party data conditions (which can be obtained at www.ppsr.gov.au ). To the extent permitted by
    law, all data provided through the PPSR is made available without any representation or warranty of any kind
    (without limitation in respect to accuracy) and the Commonwealth, and our third party data providers (which
    includes any person mentioned in the Third Party Data Conditions as providing information through the PPSR),
    have no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage that you might suffer no matter how arising (including
    negligence) that is directly or indirectly related to the NEVDIS Data.
    Identifier number: GXGC08GC3836 Identifier type: ChassisNumber
    Vehicle type: CAR / SMALL
    PASSENGER VEHICLE
    Make: CITROEN
    Body type: STATION WAGON Model: GS1220 CLUB
    Colour: BLUE Engine number: 007890
    Registration plate number: no data State vehicle registered: NSW
    Page 2 of 2
    Registration expiry: no data
    Year of manufacture: no data Year/Month of compliance: 1974-12
    Written off: no data
    Stolen: no data
    A stolen vehicle notification, or the absence of one, does not necessarily mean a vehicle is or is not stolen.
    If there is a stolen vehicle notification you wish to enquire about, you should contact the police force in the State
    or Territory indicated immediately after the date in the notification. The reference number at the end of the
    notification should be quoted as a part of your enquiry.
    Please note that there may be multiple stolen notifications shown. A stolen notification can be for a VIN, Plate,
    Chassis and/or Engine.
    Tasmanian stolen vehicle information is currently unavailable from this service. For information about the status
    of Tasmanian vehicles, go to: http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/pls/...60523886732710 (Note:
    you will need to provide the vehicle registration plate number to search this site).
    Privacy and Terms and Conditions
    The Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 which requires that we comply with
    the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) set out in the Act. The IPPs set out how Australian Government agencies
    should collect, use, store and disclose personal information and how individuals can access records containing their
    personal information.
    Access to and use of the PPS Register is subject to the General Conditions of Use, as well as other relevant terms
    and conditions. All relevant terms and conditions can be found at www.ppsr.gov.au
    End of search certificate
    EMAIL: [email protected] WEBSITE: www.ppsr.gov.au
    GPO Box 1944 Adelaide City SA 5000 1300 00 77 77

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by qmusic View Post

Chris M
    John Wyers was a founding member of CCCNSW and when he and his family moved to Melbourne many years ago he became very involved in CCCV. He served as (at least) Pres, Treasurer and I think Editor for CCCV over the years. He still has a blue GS but it is the pale french blue colour. I may have some pics of it at home... Don't ask me where! I'll search later this week.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Craig, do you reckon he might be a good man to ask? He could be in the loop with GS's......just a thought. Would anyone have his email?

Still puzzled with Mark Beran, so just checking again - has anyone seen or heard from him in the last twelve months?

Andrew Murray says he saw the delta blue GS Break at his place several years ago. If he is a car loving man, and into (or previously into) Citroens, somebody must know his whereabouts.......an email address, a mailing address, a sibling....anything!!

Chris M

I'm hosting a combined CCCV and CCOCA club BBQ at my place in Red Hill on Sat 24th November...as John Wyers lives close by I'd expect him to be in attendance and shall ask him and other members if they know anything about the GS Break....
    fingers crossed
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks mate. I took Chris's advice (Pug email name I think - has been brilliant too and sent me lots of ideas via private messages), and sent emails to all Aussie clubs. I made a attachment and put all the GS pics I have on it which are nice and big, but if it is in a state, I reckon it would be in Victoria.

Should I send you one too which might be shown to John? If so let me know and I will send to your email address.

I am trying to get Meter McLeod's contact details too - might be in that SM thread.

Thanks again mate, you have been sensational.

Chris M

Thread Information