C4 'Anti Pollution Faulty'. Warning
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default C4 'Anti Pollution Faulty'. Warning

Hi guys HELP iam geeting the dredded Anti pollution warning light. It canme on last week while driving home in the rain. Car ran very rough the 4 or 5ks home, i havnt started the car since. Today i tryed it started but sounded like a bag of bolts very rough. The cars a 05 c4 couple done 102k 1.6 petrol. any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

#1 check for me on a multiplexed PSA car now, is the battery cranking amps. If it's neart the end of its service life, it may be responding oddly to changes in alternator output, causing the ECU to imagine things are out of kilter.

Does it have an additive tank?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    #1 check for me on a multiplexed PSA car now, is the battery cranking amps. If it's neart the end of its service life, it may be responding oddly to changes in alternator output, causing the ECU to imagine things are out of kilter.

Does it have an additive tank?
    Thanks Addo
    additive tank ??????? psa ??
    sorry to be a pain, i am use to playing with my old renos (fuegos) but the c4 ive never touched, i just had to change the fuse box about 2k ago if thats of help.

Fellow Frogger

You need to get the fault log read to help diagnose it. I'd guess the MAP sensor, but it could be an engine temperature sensor, coil pack, injector and so on. Maybe check the engine harness connections are clean and undamaged.

It won't have an additive tank as it's a petrol engine. Some of the diesels have a tank to dose a special additive into the fuel as part of the soot collection strategy.

Doh! I assumed diesel; didn't read thoroughly. Not worthy of a front page apology though, this mistake.

Fellow Frogger!

OK it sounds like a trip into town trouble is here in tassie cit mechanics are a useful as milking bits on a bull if you get my drift.

Thread Information