Giant Citroens in WA
  • Register
  • Help

Default Giant Citroens in WA

Last week I discovered the existence of Giant Citroens......

Advertisement

I was in Perth for work at WesTrac the Catapiller distributer in WA and NSW.
    My host was nice enought to give me a tour of the assembly facilities.
    It was then I discovered the secret of Giant Citroens.

The large mine trucks are really Giant Citroens in disguise. How did I make this discovery?
    On viewing the trucks under construction I noticed that the supension was hyropnumatic.
    Therefore I deduce that the large Catapiller mine trucks are really Giant Citroens.

Ian

Photographic Evidence attached.Giant Citroens in WA-img00163-20121023-1407.jpgGiant Citroens in WA-img00164-20121023-1421.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Giant Citroens in WA-img00166-20121023-1422.jpg   Giant Citroens in WA-img00167-20121023-1422.jpg   Giant Citroens in WA-img00165-20121023-1421.jpg  
    Last edited by IThompson; 2nd November 2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added more photos

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Ian,
    Very interesting that the first language on the plate is francais! We have to suspect a Citroen licencing connection.

More importantly, what fluid are they running and is it LHS compatible!!!! this from a recent purchasor of LHS equipped ID.

Just kidding, although if you did spirit away a few drums of liquide hydraulique we would love to hear from you

Regards,
    Leconte

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Except that if it had been truly written by the French, it would have been spelt: Hydropneumatique, right, and just to remind your fertile imaginations that the hydropneumatic systems were not "invented" by Citroen but simply applied to the automobile SUSPENSION in mass production.
    My suspicion is more that this plaque is intended to the US and Canadian French speaking market rather than a Citroen connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Leconte View Post
    Hi Ian,
    Very interesting that the first language on the plate is francais! We have to suspect a Citroen licencing connection.

More importantly, what fluid are they running and is it LHS compatible!!!! this from a recent purchasor of LHS equipped ID.

Just kidding, although if you did spirit away a few drums of liquide hydraulique we would love to hear from you

Regards,
    Leconte
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 2nd November 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

It's great to see those photos, thanks. Hydropneumatics is all over industrial and agricultural equipment, in all sorts of places where shocks must be absorbed. Tractor front axles. Front end loaders. Stump-jump ploughs and cultivators. These are some I am aware of.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Roger, what about my bycycle, its got a front loader, just ask me wife.

Thread Information