• Register
  • Help

Thread: Ds 3.

Default Ds 3.

Anyone on the forum own a DS3?.
    I am interested hearing comments. Allan

Advertisement

UFO

I "owned" one for five weeks in 2010 - loved it! 16v HDI with six speed box. Ride was a bit firm but the handling was fine. Pity I couldn't bring it back as hand luggage.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Own a 1.6 auto Style, now at 19 months and 15 000 k's. Autos and manuals are quite different beasts in terms of performance. Very quiet machines, other than the wind buffeting you get with windows down. Nowhere near the suspension crash I noticed when I test drove a C2.
    I suggest you have a read of http://www.ds3club.co.uk/, as greater volume there shows up a wider range of views and faults (particularly with the performance models).
    They are now becoming much more reasonably priced, but I still think for a "premium" product they are lacking in some of the little things, like folding mirrors, oddments space is more limited than the Xsara, finish seems no better than your average Citroen. Other than one CCCQ member, I never see any of the "new" C3's around, but if you compare the 2 vehicles' specifications you certainly wonder why the price differential occurs if you're not getting the Turbo.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

I've had a DS3 DSport (115kW petrol turbo/6 sp manual) for just over 16 mths and I have no complaints. In fact, I think it's a brilliant car - just a little bit pricey (especially when I bought it!).

The DStyle is now a pretty lame (although not as lame as CitroŽn Australia's website) 1.4 litre petrol with a 5 speed EGS (robotised manual) instead of a 1.6 petrol with a 4 sp auto. This is a 70kW/135Nm powerhouse, so don't expect much performance, even from a relatively light car. Fuel consumption will be good, though
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thanks for the replies. Allan.

Fellow Frogger

Nicely put together cars with enough bling and not too much el cheapo plastic. I'd be trying to make sure you at least get the chrome flas on the side of the doors as it makes quite a difference to the look.
    D Sport models are slightly lower set, so be a fraction careful if you have a ground clearance issue in your regular travels. It's very little, but a few mm can make all the difference in some situations.
    If ordering your own spec car, make sure you know exactly what you are getting in terms of what's in what colour and carbon fibre etc. as some of the local options could vary from what you might find in the manual or if looking at specs for Euro models. You want to avoid the 'Oh, I though ..." moment on delivery.
    Check the back end of some of the cheaper cars as some even arrived with drums at the rear.
    For me, the leather seats in the Sport model feel better shaped and more supportive than the cloth alternatives, but that's possibly a rather individual choice.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I was looking over a red one yesterday .... The main thing I noticed as I walked upto it was how bad the paint was on it. Maybe an accident repair But gee's it "featured" a whole sh!tload of orange peal. It looked like the painter had picked up the putty gun by accident rather than the top coat gun. It was nowhere near as "new and shiny" but the paint on the tired old Kia Carnival parked next to it looked vastly superior.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

This one I spotted had lovely paint.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    This one I spotted had lovely paint.

I'm going to have a look the next few times I spot one. If you pay the huge $$$ of that little car, you at least expect a decent paint job. I'd say that one was a respray. It sure was shiny, it would look brilliant in a picture. But HUGE orange peal in it's finish. If my car got repaired and was returned like that I'd be saying "Do it again, this time do it properly".

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Forgot to mention - I have had one warranty claim. The stick-on matt panels on the doors were crinkling at the top of the quarter window post and pulling away at the top of the rear panel. Cause appeared to be the window channels, which seemed to be either shrinking or being pulled down by the glass when it was opened. I park in sun most the day, so the car does get very hot. I'm now a bit reluctant to open the windows since it has been fixed in case it's temperature related. No-one on the UK forum has had the same problem.
    As for the seats, I got a fitted sheepskin for my driver's seat, as the back wings were too wide apart for my back.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information