BX front bumper
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: BX front bumper

Tadpole

Default BX front bumper

Recently I noticed that the extreme rear part of the front bumper on the left hand side has dropped slightly from the mudguard. The gap is about the width of an index finger. It is easy to lift up again so it seems that whatever secures it to the mudguard has cone adrift. I can't see how it attaches to the mudguard and how I can get at it to see what goes. If anyone has ever removed a bumper from a BX (1992 TZi) I would appreciate it if they could help in letting me know.

Advertisement

If it's anything like a 405 (which is highly probable) there is a T20 self tapper screwed upwards into a plastic receiver that's preclipped into the front guard. You usually need the splash shield out your way to see clearly.

Tadpole

Many thanks for the tip. I'll follow that path and see how I go.

Tadpole

Addo. I finally got Round to having the droopy BX bumper fixed. I put the car in for its Pink Slip last Tuesday and asked the garage bloke if he could have a look at it. When I collected it he'd fixed it, saying it was just a clip from which the bumper had popped out. No great drama to refix it in place. Normally with the BX one would expect the engine and rear end would have to be removed! A little unkind perhaps.......

Thread Information