Modern Parts Vendor (Trialling)
  • Register
  • Help

Default Modern Parts Vendor (Trialling)

Overnight I've stuck my hand up for $270 worth of gear from Accessoires CitroŽn L'Orient, an official dealer with (amazingly) an e-commerce cart which doesn't lose the plot if you are outside the EU. Like most such sites, you need the part numbers first - it doesn't do that for you.

Advertisement

Two multicouche spheres and a bump stop; the website had no trouble deducting TVA. Airfreight quite reasonable at 48 Euro. Local price on these items is $527.89 all up. I could have probably paid with a family member's European account, but chose PP in case of any need for redress; this cost a fair amount in their fee gouges.

Will update when the goods arrive.

Priceless source if it proves to proceed without a hitch.
    Local prices can bring tears to the eyes most times.
    Fingers crossed, you've found a sensible seller who would like to do business with overseas customers.
    Well done addo.

richo

I overlooked the detail (not being a cultural snob or anything) that it's all in French. Google Translate would probably help out anyone who gets a bit stuck here; there is nothing unusual about the website or its checkout process.

Bought an alloy wheel of them last month.

Seamless experience, other than the 30 minutes spent at the Post Office trying to locate said parcel.

They have an "American" button, but yes, some parts of the transaction were a little difficult to comprehend.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

That's encouraging.

So far they have emailed me three times; once to acknowledge payment (ie; accepting their contractual obligation to me), once to confirm the order details and instruct how I could look it up on my user account, and now a statement that my order is being filled. Rockauto are about this thorough; most vendors aren't.

Going to miss the "waft" on my Xantia front end when I return the Dee spheres.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    That's encouraging.

So far they have emailed me three times; once to acknowledge payment (ie; accepting their contractual obligation to me), once to confirm the order details and instruct how I could look it up on my user account, and now a statement that my order is being filled. Rockauto are about this thorough; most vendors aren't.

Thats quite encouraging Addo, is that through normal post office despatch, as that seems to have been a weakness in the delivery chain in the past - too many went astray after posting (based on experience with camera equipment that some collectors report not receiving) commercial shipping agents via container seemed to work o.k. from France, and you eventually get the goods but that is not fast delivery.

When you think about it, with modern internet and parcel tracking, they should be able to provide that service. I know that my son often buys Porsche parts from US parts wharehousing services and so far he has had excellent response and quick delivery at very good (more than competitive) with local prices and quick availability of product supply and smart phone at his fingertips.

So good luck with your experimental order. I will be glad to see the outcome.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    That's encouraging.

Sounds good and thanks for the info.

Are you getting "confort" spheres out of interest?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

No - I simply wanted the multilayer urethane diaphragm ones, as originally fitted to Oz-delivered Xantias (pays chauds, as they put it). Imported aftermarket seem to all be Euro spec which is single layer and 10% higher test pressure.

Edit Wednesday evening: 36 hours-odd elapsed since ordering, and they've given me a tracking number. Not too foul.

"Your parcel is preparing to leave the country" Nice try, Google. I have a mental picture of Mlle Colis sitting back in an outdoors cafť chair in late afternoon, last vestiges of a light lunch delicately on the side of her plate, coffee drunk, finishing the first of her two-a-week cigarettes as she waits for M Poste...

Votre colis s'apprÍte ŗ sortir du pays d'origine.

So, at least it's coming along.
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 5th November 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Mlle Colis arrivť aujourd'hui, en excellent ťtat.

I think this vendor has so far shown good promise - first with Simon's new wheel, and now my spheres.

FYI on genuine Euro sphere stocks: Mine were stamping date 11-321, so pretty much a year on the shelf.

Default Modern Parts Vendor (Trialling)

I might have a go at this for some parts for the sisters c3
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

So how did delivery go?
    Matt
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

Matt,

I have my third delivery going through at the moment. I have taken a slightly less techo approach by asking for a quote via email through their contact box. Then I fax the quote back with credit card and delivery details and it gets sent DHL and arrives at my back door about 2 weeks later. Shipping cost is exxy but not prohibitive, especially as most parts seem to be about half of the Aussie price. I will now have both my Xantias mostly running on double membrane saucer spheres and a spare set of radiator hoses for my Activa.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information