Xantia Activa CT
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon10 Xantia Activa CT

Hi All,

I have just picked up a 1998 Xantia Activa CT Turbo for my eldest son to replace his trusty Saab 900 (non turbo) Aero.

My head said no but my heart once again got the better of me.... why I hear you ask...?

Well... it's a genuine 2 owner car with 158 000klms and a complete and detailed service history ... from Continentals until 80 000klms and then in Tamworth with its second and most recent owner and for the past 80 000klms....

Its also one of the highest specified Xantia's I have seen... complete with:-
    Six Stack Philips CD (in boot) together with fully functional original stereo
    Leather interior (completely intact and crack / split free) including fully adjustable electric seats (including adjustable bolsters)
    Factory tilt and slide sun roof - working fine
    Original undamaged and blemish free alloys with matching Pirellis P6000 all around and 90% tread
    All electrics (windows; mirrors; central locking) working
    Heater hot but A/C not cooling... (although the compressor does kick in so I'm hoping)
    And a solid, generally blemish free deep blue paint....

Advertisement

A very spirited test drive saw the car hold constant temp at spot on half way and well behaved hydraulics including the Activa setting which demonstrated absolutely no body roll in any corner....although it does have a high engaging clutch...it is after all a 5 speed as opposed to the sometimes maligned AL4 (as in our Pug 306 Convertible).

So with NSW rego until March 2013 and an agreed purchase price of $2,100.00 I thoughtmy s I'm not going to come accross something like this again at ANY price.. so why not... ??!?!

Time will tell how stupid or inspired my purchase will be but thus far I am quietly confident it should be a decent buy...my sons certainly is excited at the thought of swapping his 900 for it! Will post pics and more observations over the next few weeks... but would welcome your comments and experiences with this particular model...

Cheers..... to all!
    Citroen BX TRi 5sp
    Citroen BX TZi Auto
    Citroen GS Series I 4sp
    Citroen GS Series II C-matic
    Citroen GS Series II X3 4sp
    Saab 9-5 Linear LPT 5sp Auto
    Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0 Aero
    Saab 9-3 5 door hatch 2.0 Aero Spec
    Mercedes W203 C320 Sedan
    Mercedes W202 C220 Sedan
    Volvo 740 Turbo HP Sedan
    Volvo 244 DL (1977 2.1 FI)
    Triumph 2500 TC 4sp
    Hillman Hunter Royal
    Jaguar XJ40 3.6
    Daewoo Musso 4WD Auto 3.2; To tow the Jaguar when it breaks down!

Sounds a ripper deal for a car with specifications and driving fun.
    Good fortune for the duration your stewardship, look after it and you should be right.

Tadpole

Thanks Richo... planning a driving holiday to Tassie for Christmas .... not sure if we take the new addition but we'll see how things go...! Will definitely be taking one of the BX's so if the Xantia behaves maybe a Citroen convey is in order.... :-)
    Citroen BX TRi 5sp
    Citroen BX TZi Auto
    Citroen GS Series I 4sp
    Citroen GS Series II C-matic
    Citroen GS Series II X3 4sp
    Saab 9-5 Linear LPT 5sp Auto
    Saab 9-3 Convertible 2.0 Aero
    Saab 9-3 5 door hatch 2.0 Aero Spec
    Mercedes W203 C320 Sedan
    Mercedes W202 C220 Sedan
    Volvo 740 Turbo HP Sedan
    Volvo 244 DL (1977 2.1 FI)
    Triumph 2500 TC 4sp
    Hillman Hunter Royal
    Jaguar XJ40 3.6
    Daewoo Musso 4WD Auto 3.2; To tow the Jaguar when it breaks down!

Sounds like a terrible idea, I'll take this burden off your hands for $2,099.00

Your son is a lucky lad, the car sounds great! Hopefully he'll cherish it and keep it that way!

1000+ Posts

I have 2 turbos,one an activa;most fun since the billycart down the hill many years ago and without the turbo badge on back they dont attract any attention until you leave them i8n your wake,enjoy.

Congratulations,

High clutch is totally normal. It is an LHM based hydraulic clutch which auto adjusts so no manual adjustment possible. I have a cloth seat Activa so slightly lower spec than yours. Just make sure you keep the oil changes up to it to keep the turbo happy. Mine runs Mobil 1 fully synthetic.

Cheers,

Ken W

Thread Information