Nice D
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Nice D

Default Nice D

This looks a nice car:

Advertisement

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/armad...ion/1005797023

I've been curious of the specification of the car, being a 1966.
    Should be a short stroke engine though with LHS2 hydraulic fluid.
    Is it a Pallas, the outside bits look to be there? The shot of the interior doesn't define the material on the seats.

Could it be a Slough built car?

WA boys, c'mon, someone over there must know the car, it has been for sale for a while now.

richo

Okay, phoned the owner, I loathe speculation.
    According to him it is an Australian ID, built in Adelaide.
    He fitted all the Pallas trim.

So, it's (probably)an Aussie ID, built in West Heidelberg, Victoria. Who knows what year.
    Old long stroke engine. On LHS2 fluid.
    Otherwise it is a French 1966 same as FrankenD.
    Last edited by richo; 26th October 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: More information

Fellow Frogger!

I am more intrigued by what looks to be a Volvo PV544 next to it. Didnt realise there were any of these in Australia. Terrible wheels mind.

Quote Originally Posted by richo View Post
    I've been curious of the specification of the car, being a 1966.
    Should be a short stroke engine though with LHS2 hydraulic fluid.
    Is it a Pallas, the outside bits look to be there? The shot of the interior doesn't define the material on the seats.

Could it be a Slough built car?

WA boys, c'mon, someone over there must know the car, it has been for sale for a while now.

richo
    I'm pretending the ad doesn't exist. It's better that way...
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

DS

Could be one of the transition models? I've seen two in Australia that had long stroke engine, LHS2 systems, floating caliper brakes and five stud 15" wheels. Both were referred to as 1966 cars. Note the XVS type tyres and 15" Pallas hubcaps. I didn't think the word Pallas was in use for the 1966 model year!
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Also I wonder how much resto $10thou buys you?
    Panel & paint maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Could be one of the transition models? I've seen two in Australia that had long stroke engine, LHS2 systems, floating caliper brakes and five stud 15" wheels. Both were referred to as 1966 cars. Note the XVS type tyres and 15" Pallas hubcaps. I didn't think the word Pallas was in use for the 1966 model year!
    The Pallas level of trim was introduced during 1964. I had one and there is a picture of it somewhere on one of these threads!
    Cheers Gerry

DS

The Pallas level of trim was introduced during 1964. I had one and there is a picture of it somewhere on one of these threads!
    Are you referring to DS type trim which has the fat armrests and fancy trim bits or are you saying the word Pallas was in use in/from 1964 to designate a trim type?
    Citroen Car Club of New South Wales member.

My Citroen ID21F can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7605999522616/

Quote Originally Posted by Chimbu View Post
    Also I wonder how much resto $10thou buys you?
    Panel & paint maybe.
    An engine rebuild would be around that price. I think paint/panel would be quite a lot more; not to mention the months of time spent aligning panels.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

An engine rebuild is somewhat less than 10k, fortunately.

Body and paint, done in a professional manner to a professional standard will be twice that or more.

Quote Originally Posted by DS View Post
    Are you referring to DS type trim which has the fat armrests and fancy trim bits or are you saying the word Pallas was in use in/from 1964 to designate a trim type?
    The word "Pallas" was in use in 1964 to denote the package model.
    The Pallas package differed over many areas of the car. Interior, exterior, lights, colours, dashboard carpets, doors, and a plethora of differences in the interior trim.
    No mention in the exterior package of a badge attached to the car to define or signify the Pallas.

The details of this are contained in the separate DS Pallas sales brochure, dated 11/64.
    It was of course the DS19 Pallas designation in the brochure. The next year (1966 model year) was the beginning of the short stroke engines and more power.

The fat arm rests, indeed even a drivers armrest was offered as an option on the DS.

I have an interior trim set from what I believe is a 1965 Pallas or perhaps 1966. It is slightly different in the door trims to any other Pallas door trims I have seen over time. It is still in its original natural leather finish.
    Last edited by richo; 27th October 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Fellow Frogger!

I had what I termed a Maroon 1966 & 1/2 ID19 Confort in the early 80s for a few months when I was living at Lawson. It had the later brakes, wheels, fan & radiator type heating, jersey trim with rear armrest,underlayed carpet & the old long stroke motor with dual throat carburettor. It was a wonderfully relaxed, quiet, touring car, & one of my all time favourite Ds. Unfortunately it had lived too close to the sea & had terminal rust. I sold it to Len Gilbert at Warrimoo who broke it for spares. He put the suspension on high when he got home & the rear end collapsed !!

Richard

Richard

bas

Unfortunately for him, an ID was never built with a Pallas trim. That privilege was withheld only for the DS. Although it is a nice looking car it is far from original. Some people like that, others don't. Then again $ 12,000 isn't that much.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Thread Information