• Help
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Plurielroof

Thread: Roof position sensors

Tadpole

Default Roof position sensors

Hello, i have a citroen c3 pluriel 1.4 hdi (year 2004)

I am looking for the position of the sensors , specially the sensor who feel the closure of the roof. I have this problem:

i washed my car, then waited for about 1 hour to let it dry

then i opened the roof (about half), and cleaned the car internally

Advertisement

Then, when i closed the roof, it reached the closure position, but the roof engine didn't stop!

I heard a sound like "trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" coming from the rear window, so i stopped to press the button

Worried, i tried again to press the button, and again i heard 'trrrrrrrrrr' from the rear window....

I suppose there is a problem in the sensor that realizes the closure of the roof...

but the question is: where is it?

Thanks!

Tadpole

Hello,
    I did some investigations, seems that there are not such sensors....
    anyone knows how to mend the roof of my car?
    The problem is that also the rear window is locked and i can not open it....
    Thanks!

Fellow Frogger

There are 4 microswitches in the roof assembly from memory. If any of them fails, the roof won't operate. That may also affect the tailgate glass lock.

If you look at the free parts information that Citroen provides (see service.citroen.com) you will see you can buy a lot of individual parts for the roof. It's not unknown for the switches to fail or need to be initialised.

You may need to take the car to a Citroen workshop and it may even be the least expensive way of repairing it.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    There are 4 microswitches in the roof assembly from memory. If any of them fails, the roof won't operate. That may also affect the tailgate glass lock.

If you look at the free parts information that Citroen provides (see service.citroen.com) you will see you can buy a lot of individual parts for the roof. It's not unknown for the switches to fail or need to be initialised.

You may need to take the car to a Citroen workshop and it may even be the least expensive way of repairing it.
    Ok thanks for the suggestion David!
    I am searching for technical documentation about the roof, i saw on service.citroen.com that i have to pay something to read it...(like 5 euro for 1 hour...)... but i am not sure i can find documentation about the roof there (with explanations of the functions of the components)
    I dont want to waste money...perhaps you are right...i should take the car to a citroen workshop... but before i would like to get information to be sure that its the less expensive solution... (last year i had a similar problem with rear window locked: i checked the wires exiting from the rear window, and i found that some of them were cut (at both sides of the window), so i fixed them and i did not spend any money...)

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by vicolodo View Post
    Hello,
    I did some investigations, seems that there are not such sensors....
    anyone knows how to mend the roof of my car?
    The problem is that also the rear window is locked and i can not open it....
    Thanks!
    Hello there, jumping in on this thread-
    the Exact same thing has happened to my little C3 pluriel- I replaced the side slide in the roof at a cost of $255 each side- roof was working ok- then the same problem started-
    roof only opened one notch- closes a little bit only one position open- I can do this until I get my roof opened- but it's not correct and I can not open my boot- only from the inside-
    please please help

Quote Originally Posted by Plurielroof View Post
    Hello there, jumping in on this thread-
    the Exact same thing has happened to my little C3 pluriel- I replaced the side slide in the roof at a cost of $255 each side- roof was working ok- then the same problem started-
    roof only opened one notch- closes a little bit only one position open- I can do this until I get my roof opened- but it's not correct and I can not open my boot- only from the inside-
    please please help
    If you have not reinitialised after disconnecting your battery you could try this procedure. . .

Sun roof.
    The anti-pinch function has to be re-initialised.
    Place the sun roof switch in the maximum tilt position.
    Keep the sun roof switch pressed until the sun roof ceases its movement.
    Release the sun roof switch within 5 seconds.
    Keep the sun roof switch pressed until the end of the sun roof opening sequence.

Tailgate.
    The opening of the tailgate is deactivated on reconnection of the battery.
    Perform locking/unlocking to activate the opening of the tailgate.

Might help to download and save this PDF
    http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...us_t1_2005.pdf

Cheers
    Chris
    Hotrodelectric likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

Hi Chris,
    thanx for your time- I have attached a video that shows what the roof is doing- could not re-initialised- anti pinch function!https://youtu.be/71zu3Po_SU4

Quote Originally Posted by Plurielroof View Post
    Hi Chris,
    thanx for your time- I have attached a video that shows what the roof is doing- could not re-initialised- anti pinch function!https://youtu.be/71zu3Po_SU4
    hmmm, not much help so far. . .

I'm afraid I can only be a sounding board as I have no experience with the Pluriel, but if we can keep the chat going someone with more knowledge will see this thread and offer more help.

From what I have read it appears the roof closing is directly related to the boot lock/unlock function, so you need to attend to the roof problem and hopefully that will also fix the boot problem.

When fitting the 'new' roof side slides did everything clip into place nicely? It seems it is important that the roof fully closes and clicks into it's final position. I'd be tempted to disconnect the battery and put it on charge overnight and go through the initialise process, this may require resetting pinch on windows as well as roof. So, windows fully lowered and raised and likewise with roof - fully open and fully close.

If in doing this you need to reset the Sensodrive this may help. . .
    https://www.ultracars.co.uk/citroen-...set-procedure/

Cheers
    Chris
    Hotrodelectric likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Tadpole

Thanks Chris-
    lets hope someone catches this thread- I believe you are correct roof/boot relations-
    with the motor connected to power and hanging free from the roof- it behaves exactly the same way-
    this happenes two weeks ago- I got out of car played with boot open/closed drivers door locked/unlocked car and boot opened and roof worked- 3days later the same thing, but the next day it worked- and now after driving to shops with roof opened, closing roof- buy a carton of beer, placing beers in boot no problems- drove home (5 minutes) and couldn't get the beer out!!!- and this has not corrected itself this time?? - I feel it's the signal the motor is receiving is the issue- ??
    It is the same as this original thread- so hopefully there is a simple solution- and someone will help-
    i have carefully fitted the side slides and roof operated perfectly (thankfully) I believe I am very capabable of fixing anyone's broken roof slides if anyone out there needs help-

Tadpole

Is there anybody out there???
    Its half way through summer and we have only just purchased this car, is someone able to share this link somewhere hopefully something will catch on- surely someone has had the same issue- about tri pull out the switch itself to test? I'm not sure how I'm planning on testing- but I'll work that out- next maybe roof ECU- that's just MORE money if that's not the issue?
    Help desparately needed

Apart from David S's advice, always good, had you thought of checking on a UK Citroen forum? I imagine there are far more RHD Pluriels over there.

Good luck.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

I do not have a Pluriel, but I did a fair bit of research back a couple of years ago when I was deciding between the Plural and the C2. When it came to Pluriel roofs this person in the UK was recognised as a bit of an expect and apparently helpful to non UK residents via email.
    Citroen Pluriel
    You can email him at: [email protected]
    Good Luck.
    Anthony O'Brien
    2008 C5
    2007 C4
    2004 C5 Estate

Previous
    2003 C5
    2004 C2 (now with youngest son)
    2006 C2 (now with eldest son)

Tadpole