New key for Picasso
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    11

    Default New key for Picasso

    Hi all

    Our 'remote' key is dead .. I have changed the battery and tried to dry the internals (in case moisture was the problem).

    So I have to assume the electricals are the problem.

    Replacement key is updards of $400.

    Advertisement


    Does anyone know any other cheaper options to get key from o/s .. I have a local independent who can code it for me.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    18,731

    Default

    Try this mob:

    http://www.wholesalecarkeys.net/all-...r-renault.html

    I've dealt with them and they were honest and good to communicate with.

    Check they have stock before purchasing.

  3. #3
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,322

    Default

    Keep an eye on ebay UK. You need a blank transponder key. NOT just an empty shell.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CITROE...item4164f9cf74

    I've seen them for about 50quid in the past. Send them your VIN number and request they pre-cut the key for you.

    Please Note: THEY MUST BE PROGRAMMED INTO THE CAR. This is over $100aud through Citroen ( it's takes a whole 5minutes, so you can understand it costing so much ). Though someone with a lexia clone in adelaide may offer to add the key to the car for you (note: You will need all of the car keys re-added with the new one).

    Just to clarify. Getting a new key cut by a locksmith, or ordering in just a key will only allow you to unlock the car. You need a new key with a blank transponder, that someone will program into the car for you.

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts robmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne / Caulfield
    Posts
    18,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Keep an eye on ebay UK. You need a blank transponder key. NOT just an empty shell.

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CITROE...item4164f9cf74

    I've seen them for about 50quid in the past. Send them your VIN number and request they pre-cut the key for you.



    Please Note: THEY MUST BE PROGRAMMED INTO THE CAR. This is over $100aud through Citroen ( it's takes a whole 5minutes, so you can understand it costing so much ). Though someone with a lexia clone in adelaide may offer to add the key to the car for you (note: You will need all of the car keys re-added with the new one).

    Just to clarify. Getting a new key cut by a locksmith, or ordering in just a key will only allow you to unlock the car. You need a new key with a blank transponder, that someone will program into the car for you.

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    Heavens Shane at least scroll down the page before giving advice .

    This dude sells the cases, blanks and complete remotes.


    The OP already said he has someone to program the remote.

  5. #5
    Contented Peugeot Driver addo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Don't remind me!
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    I presume the OP has tried "Key in the ignition, turn it on, immediately press one remote button for about a second, turn off ignition and remove key" as a first approach to reprogramming the remote.

    The microswitches also fall off the circuitboards. New ones can be bought cheap and soldered in. It's pretty hard from what I've seen, to actually kill one stone dead.

  6. #6
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    11

    Default

    YEs I have tried that ... should have mentioned this in my OP. I will check the microswitch tonight. Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    I presume the OP has tried "Key in the ignition, turn it on, immediately press one remote button for about a second, turn off ignition and remove key" as a first approach to reprogramming the remote.

    The microswitches also fall off the circuitboards. New ones can be bought cheap and soldered in. It's pretty hard from what I've seen, to actually kill one stone dead.

  7. #7
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Heavens Shane at least scroll down the page before giving advice .

    This dude sells the cases, blanks and complete remotes.


    The OP already said he has someone to program the remote.
    This one from that website may work.

    http://www.wholesalecarkeys.net/auto...ew-models.html

    The ebay adverts make it easier as they list the exact models the key will fit (and will cut a new blade for you). Certainly the keys are far more expensive than the website you have found.

    You could move the transponder and key blade across. Addos advice should work if the key isn't dead. The lexia even tells you the exact same thing when you key in a new key:



    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  8. #8
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Victoria Point
    Posts
    20

    Default

    If you try "Car key help" in the uk they will cut it from a photo or the coding if you have it. i am presently getting a spare key from them and have got others in the past.

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts Ken W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North Brisbane
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Word or warning - it is not uncommon for the RF receiver in the BSI to fail. So even with new remote, it still may not work. Best to make sure the car will work with another remote before ordering a new one.

    Ken W

  10. #10
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Thanks Ken ... bear with me ...

    1. How can I make sure the car will work with another remote? I would have to get the other remote coded to my vehicle wouldn't I?
    2. If this were the problem would the entire BSI need to be replaced ... or could the RF Reveiver be replaced

    Cheers ... Tom

  11. #11
    Contented Peugeot Driver addo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Don't remind me!
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    The BSI includes the receiver from what I've understood.

    They're not obscene if bought new from overseas; that way you only need the configuration done locally.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •