DS Cartier indicator relay
  • Register
  • Help
    mnm

Default DS Cartier indicator relay

Greetings

Advertisement

tinkering away today... decided to pull apart my Cartier indicator relay which, due to its very slooooowww repeat rate, I had replaced with an electronic unit when I had the blue slip done. It all looks very interesting inside.. nice and clean... so I notice the tip on the right which looks adjustable....hmmmmm... fiddle fiddle... test... blow me down it bloody blinks faster! HA! By reducing the gap between the two points it speeds up and vice versa.

Needless to say I've adjusted it to an appropriate speed and it's back in the car. Why? I like the sound it makes...tink plonk tink plonk..

Yeah yeah...wha effa!!

Matthew

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Nicely done, Matthew. You're proving what I keep saying- these cars really aren't that hard to work on, it's just that they're a different mindset.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I find the bass tone reminiscent of Garry Garry Beers' work with INXS. That clanky vintage Fender Precision sound.

As James Murphy says (presumably speaking about Cartier blinker relays) "You've got to set them up".
    Last edited by addo; 22nd October 2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: There's always the Daft option...

Good onya Matthew, my Safari doesn't even have an original flasher can. Wish I did now!
    Carry on.

richo
    Last edited by richo; 22nd October 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Good work, Matthew.

The Scintex indicator units on early Dees are just as adjustable and repairable.

Roger

UFO

Yeah alright - it seems my over excitement over having had a brilliant day out in the D got me carried away. My comment is deleted and I would appreciate others doing the same.

Apologies all round.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

mnm

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    I find the bass tone reminiscent of Garry Garry Beers' work with INXS. That clanky vintage Fender Precision sound.

As James Murphy says (presumably speaking about Cartier blinker relays) "You've got to set them up".
    Yes! Very much so.. Ha!

Matthew

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post

Is Bib sick? He's lost a lot of weight...
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Thread Information