2CV/GS project
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 2CV/GS project

Fellow Frogger!

Default 2CV/GS project

At the Melbourne Citroen concours last Sunday I was asked how my 2CV/GS project was coming along. Well, slowly, but I hope to have it painted this Summer.
    roger

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_9.jpg   2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_8.jpg   2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_5.jpg   2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_2.jpg   2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_4.jpg   2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_6.jpg  

2CV/GS project-2cv-gs_7.jpg  

Roger, that is Bloody Amazing!
    A huge undertaking to graft 2CV panels to a GS floor pan and firewall!
    Cheers Gerry

Love to see it all up and running! How hard would it be to register in Victoria?

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Love to see it all up and running! How hard would it be to register in Victoria?
    At the speed it would go at, is there any point in registering it? Just make your own number plate and wing it. How about FARRK. Describes the cars performance AND the speed camera operators response at the same time.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    Roger, that is Bloody Amazing!
    A huge undertaking to graft 2CV panels to a GS floor pan and firewall!
    Indeed, I have heard about this conversion but have never seen it done, well I have heard people say "Ow yeah, you just cut a 2cv body straight down the middle and add 6 inches to it then drop it on a GS chassis, then you get the power and hydraulics, heaps easier than fitting a gs motor to a 2cv."...
    It looks like your making a fine job of it and you started with the correct 50's body, but please do one thing, keep that patina!

Harley
    Last edited by Harley; 19th October 2012 at 02:04 AM.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It's going to be quite amazing once complete . It'll scream out for a megasquirt conversion once on the roads too (as does every GS to get around the crappy cold running issues) As for compliance ..... I'd try and get it on the roads through the street rod clubs. If there inspector passes it you can stick it on street rod rego and drive it 90days a year just like a club permit That would have to be a lot easier than getting it engineered.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Very impressive! What colour(s) will you use? I imagine the car would be half the weight of a bog standard GS - would I be right in saying that? Keep us informed of the car's progress.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by donat View Post
    Very impressive! What colour(s) will you use? I imagine the car would be half the weight of a bog standard GS - would I be right in saying that? Keep us informed of the car's progress.
    Yes. Scan and post the speeding tickets to back up its performance potential.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the interest and comments.
    I'm not sure whether I will attempt to get it compliant and registered.
    I keep looking at the engine bay and thinking "... a big bike engine would fit in there - instant 185 horsepower plus" In fact it's only the cost of say a Hayabusa plus a Quaife final drive/reversing box that stops me from doing it. Wouldn't be any change from $10k.
    It certainly will be a lot lighter than a standard GS, shouldn't be all that much heavier than a normal 2CV.
    The plan at this stage is to paint it in Gulf colours ie pale blue body plus orange guards. Will lose the "patina" but then I'm not a fan of the rat rod look.
    roger

Fellow Frogger!

I like your thinking on a power upgrade!
    I would imagine the challenge with the Hayabusa would be mounting a flywheel, a quick Google showed a Miata flywheel adapted to a 1:6 reduction gear, this was done to reduce the rpm through the gearbox. I can't imagine a GS box doing 9750rpm!!!
    How about a wrx EJ20 engine, 150hp na or 200hp turbo and 100 more Nm of torque over the busa, aesthetically correct and abundant.

Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Pastinha View Post
    I like your thinking on a power upgrade!
    I would imagine the challenge with the Hayabusa would be mounting a flywheel, a quick Google showed a Miata flywheel adapted to a 1:6 reduction gear, this was done to reduce the rpm through the gearbox. I can't imagine a GS box doing 9750rpm!!!
    How about a wrx EJ20 engine, 150hp na or 200hp turbo and 100 more Nm of torque over the busa, aesthetically correct and abundant.

Harley

Or just lop off the WRX two cylinders and get 75hp NA, politically correct and nobody is the wiser.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information