• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Citroen C5 Exclusive - GSM Phone - No Blue Tooth

Tadpole

Default Citroen C5 Exclusive - GSM Phone - No Blue Tooth

Hi All,

Last week I took delivery of a Citroen C5 Exclusive. A damn nice car, great lines, heaps of extras and a competitive price given the level of inclusions.

What was not explained however when I put my order in was that the in car phone system requires one to take the SIM card out of their mobile and put it in the car dash on the consul for the audio system controls. This is a major pain as I have an iPhone and neither the iPhone or C5 have easy SIM removal / insertion.

Advertisement

Can anyone suggest a way around this consistent with the quality of car, i.e. no dodgy gps (using the car lighter) that has blue tooth.

All the best

Hello C5Exclusive.
    My 2010 C5 came with bluetooth, it is not the Exclusive model though. I looked on the Citroen au site just now and the ad. for the cars state that bluetooth is fitted???
    I didn't think I would need mine, however it is now indispensable.
    A mate of mine is able to use his iphone in his 2010 C5 using bluetooth.
    Call the dealer???
    Allan

The Parrot kits seem to be reasonably popular, although one car I scanned did not have it meshing happily with the CD player. Any effect would have been on the CD input, not the Parrot's function.

Tadpole

Thanks Allan,

I sent the dealer 'Brisbane Prestige Cars' an email and called them but they have not been helpful. It is such a nice car but functionally useless without the ability to conveniently use ones mobile phone via hands free. I got some story about Telstra (who is my iPhone provider) having a two sim card option that would give me two sim cards with the same number (so that I do not have to take the sim card from my phone and put it in the car) which Telstra seem to know nothing about.

There is also no iPhone jack in order to play music from an iPhone/ iPod although music can be downloaded from CD to the cars hard drive. This seems a pretty stupid way of doing things to me.

C5Exclusive

Fellow Frogger

I thought that was dealt with by obtaining another SIM card??? One to throw back at the dealer I think.

Tadpole

Hi Addo,

Is the Parrot kit put out by Citroen? If Citroen had its own original equipment that could be fitted it would likely fit with the existing equipment. Any ideas?

C5Exclusive

Tadpole

Hi David, indeed this is a problem for the dealer to solve. They just don't seem to want to.

The Parrot kit is a popular aftermarket range, not a CitroŽn/Peugeot dealer part. Look on UK Ebay if local prices are excessive.

I remember hearing ages ago that you could just buy a prepaid sim, then forward your phone to that ph# when in the car. Not the greatest suggestion though...
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Tadpole

You are better off going into the dealership and raising the issue with management, you are more likely to get a result

Fellow Frogger!

C5Exclusive, try finding a Motorola t505 Bluetooth hands free unit. Clips on to your visor and hooks up to your phone via Bluetooth. Have the option of hands free by using the speaker in the unit, or by pressing a button it can also link up to your car hifi via fm radio (tunes with your radio). Has LioN battery so excellent life requires little charging. I use it to wirelessly hook up my iPhone and stream music in the other car. They are about $80 or so from memory. Good bit of kit.

Congrats on the c5. Is it petrol or diesel?

Re ipod/iphone connectivity, there is a usb port in the central armrest that an ipod can be connected to and this enables all your tunes to be played. Selection, volume etc are controlled from the steering wheel controls.

Tadpole

Tasie C5, I will take another look but don't think there was one.

Tadpole

Hi Kaza1, it is diesel and apart from the phone connectivity issue it is a great car. Not even through my first full tank. I have an old GPS unit that would allow me to do the same thing but I am not happy having spent just over $50K on a car and it does not do what the dealer said it would.

Tadpole

Pug2010, I have called a couple of time and they just want to put me back to the salesman. I have pushed things up the line although If I am going to ask them for a solution I want to know what my options are. Hopefully their management will get back to me. The C5 Exclusive in the UK does not have the GSM system - it has bluetooth. I figure that Citroen must have come up with a solution to this issue as I can't imagine anyone taking this lightly. C5Exclusive.

Tadpole

David S, I can get another SIM card but it would have to be on its own separate plan. I am not happy to have any calls on my company phone forwarded to my car phone and i would not be happy with the forwarding costs on my wife's phone either. I figure these must be a nice neet solution using original Citroen parts. C5E

Quote Originally Posted by pug2010 View Post
    You are better off going into the dealership and raising the issue with management, you are more likely to get a result
    I have up with this dealer on several warranty issues with my 308. I have taken my business else where. My partner was going to purchase a C4 from this dealer but once again the monkeys gave such bad service we bought from somewhere else. Sad as they are just around the corner from where i live.

Tadpole

Hi C5Exclusive

You are more likely to get action if you talk to the Sales Manager or Dealer Principal and you may need to be firm with receptionist to get through to them but once they understand that they have an unhappy customer you more likely to get action than from a salesman.

Tadpole

Hi c5 exclusive
    Welcome, I purchased a c5 exclusive diesel wagon earlier this year. Same problem. You can get the SIM and divert your phone, big pain in the backside, or worse take out your sim from your iphone and put it in. I was informed by the dealer it had bluetooth and usb connecticity. It doesn't, dont bother looking for the USB port their isnt one. The problem was for 2012 they dropped this spec and put in the phone, only problem is our networks here dont offer 2nd sims. The dealer sold me mine in good faith, Ateco did not alert them to the change. Secondly no USB! the car has a 10GB hard drive, via only CD, get series, what the dealer may not know is that the car is set up for USB you just need a software update and have them put the USB connection in the glovebox, my dealer did at no charge. As for the bluetooth, up until early this year the car was advertised in writing on their website as having it, the base model still does, they (ateco) declined to retrofit mine, even though my dealer was now selling those in the showroom with the bluetooth already retrofitted! I threatened to take things further, when I asked for their refusal in writing they promptly had a bluetooth installed at their expense, they wanted to charge me %800. It's actually a great system and better than the factory spec.
    You can no longer get the brochure on PDF on the website, but for giggles get them to email you the specs and brochure via email, see if their still advetising the car as having them standard.
    Bottom line, they know about this, and have known for 10 months, have the dealer take it up with Ateco, I was successful you should be too, 50 G in 2012 for a car with no USB of bluetooth, what a stuff up, wonder what the 2013 spec will be?

My car (C5 Exec Dec 2011) was set up like Guillaume's after I made a fuss about the lack of USB.
    That got me a USB in the centre armrest.
    The USB works through the sound system with a screen in the satnav, and I can play anything off a stick as long as it's mp3 or wav.
    But iphones can't connect via the USB - you have to go via the AUX in the dashboard glovebox, and there's no control via the steering wheel other than mute.
    The dealer also installed a Parrot 3100 Bluetooth unit which is ok but doesn't cut into the sound, and if you set it to auto-answer it answers without ringing - first thing you know about the call is someone saying 'Hello?' if you can hear them over the music.
    For a sim card I just use a pre-paid that my daughter had, and the car has its own phone number.
    Now I get texts from her friends saying 'Sup dude?', invitations to parties etc.
    I understand that 2013 models have USB and Bluetooth, but presumably it's a different unit.

That is absolutely amazing!How frustrating and your chances of getting any reasoned response sound slim.
    The joys of modern Citroen ownership. I have read enough on this and other sites to completely cross them off my list forever and I am a former president of a Citroen car club!
    '04 Megane
    Gone but not forgotten
    '71 16 TS, '72 16 TL, '74 15TS,'82 20TS Series 2, '85 25 GTX. '49 L15,

Quote Originally Posted by Trading Estate View Post
    That is absolutely amazing!How frustrating and your chances of getting any reasoned response sound slim.
    The joys of modern Citroen ownership. I have read enough on this and other sites to completely cross them off my list forever and I am a former president of a Citroen car club!
    This should be a small issue.
    It highlights the lack of imagination and foresight in our part of the industry - I can't imagine why anyone thought this would be an adequate setup for a $50k car in 2011/12.
    I reckon the new distributor would do well to consider what they are inheriting, including the technical knowledge and consumer-savviness of their dealers.

UFO

Do you think it was a ploy to get people to opt for the SatNav package which probably included bluetooth with a far better profit margin?

OK, our car was a demo model so came with BT installed, but we would not consider the cost of putting a satnav into the car. We already had at least one, and perhaps two.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Do you think it was a ploy to get people to opt for the SatNav package which probably included bluetooth with a far better profit margin?
    OK, our car was a demo model so came with BT installed, but we would not consider the cost of putting a satnav into the car. We already had at least one, and perhaps two.
    There wasn't really any opting.
    The Exclusives all had a satnav unit, panoramic roof and leather.
    I'm fairly sure the dealer was surprised that there was no bluetooth or USB, and there was no upgrade to another unit that included them.
    There was a big price reduction in late 2011, and my Exclusive replaced a non-Exclusive for the same price I paid in 08.

UFO

Panoramic roof - in Australia? MISTAKE!

We nearly baked in the C4 EGS with panoramic roof in Europe at the end of summer.

Fingers crossed that whichever company picks up the Citroen import licence also employs people who understand the market.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information