Regrettably I am putting my little R5 GTL on the market. It is an R1225 R5 GTL 3 Door Hatch with 1289cc engine and four speed transmission (5 if you count reverse!).

The car was purchased new in 1983 by the proverbial little old lady in South Africa. When she and her husband emigrated out to Australia, they decided to bring the car with them.

Deciding to sell it a number of years later, it was purchased by a noted Sydney based R5 collector who had the paint and bodywork refurbished by a professional restoration company and enjoyed the car in his collection for a number of years until I purchased it off him 2 years ago.

In my time with the car, I had the engine rebuilt by Colliers where they overhauled the cylinder head, re-honed the bores and put new rings in; replaced a leaky fuel pump base; new idler pulley bearing; new belts; service and tune.

I have used the car sparingly as a second car and for weekend club runs and events during the last two years but now wish to pass it on to concentrate on another project and as I no longer have garage space for this beautiful little car.

It is in excellent condition and well worth inspection for adding to your collection. R5's in this condition do not come onto the market very often.

The car has full NSW rego until March 2012 however the personalised plates do not come with the vehicle.

Asking price is $4500 which is cheap for a vehicle which can be used for weekend fun or club events with minimal work required. The car will be eligible for Club rego in 2013.

Advertisement

Contact Kevin on 0408 259 947 to organise an inspection and test drive.