R19 being traded... But not if I sell it 1st
  • Register
  • Help
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

R19 being traded... But not if I sell it 1st

Hi Guys,

My sister is in the process of selling her Renault 19. I'll start by saying I DON'T really like R19's and this car had a cutting out problem that was due to burnt away rotor button and cracked/burnt away distributor cap. I fixed this and the car has not missed a beat since.

My sister however doesn't trust it anymore and is planning and trading it a a shitty little brand new (I don't think I can even type this) Daihastsu shitbox. They have only offered her $2600 trade in (as the rego has just run out).

Now I've done my best to convince her the R19 is 100x the car that ANY dahatsu crapbox is, however she seems to have made her mind up. I'll go over and take some photos of it tomorrow. Guys this car is BLOODY IMMACULATE. Perfect interior, unmarked exterior, and it mechicaly perfect (though shitfully gutless like every other 19 ever sold out here).

SOMEONE SHOW SOME INTEREST FAST!!! The reason she selling it's needs two new mufflers and the rego paid which is almost $1000. Grab it and put to universal mufflers on, and get a RWC. If I needed another car I'd buy it in a heartbeat (even though I don't like R19's).

I want to be able to say to her "I've got this ma ny interested poeple, DON'T SELL IT !!!".

Advertisement

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Shane, I've got people who will take it for the trade-in price (maybe a little more) if it's as good as that. Let me know the KM's and colour, it is manual correct.

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Hi Dave,

I'll find out details tonight. Yes it's manual. She's the 2nd owner, the first owner used it to commute to Melbourne and back (from Ballarat). So I'm guessing the km's it's done aren't tiny. I won't know until I look.

I'll get exact details and photo's tonight. I imagine if she can only get offers of the trade in price, she'll just trade it to save the hastle.

This cars a little rippa. I can't believe there doesn't seem to be a market for it (much like when Dad traded his VERY nice R25).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Hi Guys,

The Renault 19, I bloody stunned I only found out she was looking at cars on Saturday, and she signed bloody contracts today. AAaarrrhhhh. I would've got a bloody cash advance on my credit card and bought it for that myself to make some $$$$ out of. The car was really in quite excepetional condition. It certainly wasn't a shitbox. Perfect exterior, perfect interior. Sure it was a slug, but quicker than my cousins Chimade.

Oh well, bugger ... I still stunned she'd sell it so cheap.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

So shane what price did she get for it? What has happened to the R19?

Fellow Frogger!
    i bought it for $3300 from the dealer.Pick it up this weekend. Needs Tyres( have some minilite copy 14's that i will put on it with Michelins);exhaust( some Genie S/S mufflers left over from an MX5 project); rego, rocker gasket and I will do the timing belt

The car is an unmarked eg. that just need a clean up

I may have paid too much but was impressed with the condition, ride etc.

As i can't afford to have a lot tied up in a Reno at the moment this will do. (already have a 96 BRG Le Mx 5 with 32000 klms and the salary sacrifice Verada!)

Peter
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Hi Peter,

I'd say you have a bargain. The car is really in quite exceptional condition for it's age. Tires for it are very cheap (or just swap 'em front to back to get yourself out of spending the $$$ for the time being).

Cambelt, and exhaust you'll have to do on ANY car you buy of any type or age, so it's not really an issue I would have thought it'd cost about $150 for the resonator & muffler, maybe $150 for a pair of tires. Cam belts are usualy about $40bucks I think

That's a hell of a cheap decent car dance dance I hope you get a good run out of it ! It'll certainly outlive the shitbox that's replaced it dead Still stunned ... Bloody daihatsu shitbox ... I could've got a VERY decent Xantia for the price she paid for that little chunk of merde mallet

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!
    Hi Shane,

yes very pleased, but trying to hold the lid on it as it seems almost too good to be true!

i already have about 3 sets of mags and tyres at home for it so will just out a set on for the RWC.

I also have the mufflers so it should be cheap to get something done.

i am quite loking forward to seeing it with the Minilites on.

Since my last post i have had it insured and they said $8000!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help,

Peter
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Oh dear Shane. Its embarrasing when family does silly things..... What on earth possesed her to get a Daha.... Cant even bring myself to type it Just hope she doesnt prang it, as it fold in a much uglier fashion than the R19 - airbags are no help when the cabin is torn open.
    Where in Ballarat are you? I'm in town this weekend and would love to have a perv at your Citroens!

<small>[ 09 August 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Haakon ]</small>
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Give me a bell on 0417 511433 if youre about
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Hi Hakkon,

if your about Sunday, I'm in Humffray Street North, directly opposite the Brown hill pool/community center. You'll pick it cos there's 1 or 2 cars in the yard mallet roll_lau

I won't ring you now 'cos it's to late, I'll have your missus chasing me with a cricket bat

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!
    Due to an unbelievable opportunity to purchase another car the 19 is for sale.

It is in excellent condition and since purchasing i have; changed timimg belt; fitted 2 new Pirelli's;replaced 2 idler pulleys,2 rear wheel cylinders and hoses,new headlight,new exhaust, new rocker cover gasket and it has 12 months rego.

I want $5500 firm for it.ring on 0417562357 if you are interested.

Peter

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar
    pclio:
    Due to an unbelievable opportunity to purchase another car the 19 is for sale.
    What is this other unbelievable car??
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Fellow Frogger!
    The car is not unbelievable the opportunity is!My mates daughter is a Doctor relocating to the UK and the dealers were going to give her almost nothing for a 96 2.3,5 door Saab,man with 62000klms,sunroof, alloys, wood trim in excellent condition. She rang to say goodbye and I bought it.
    So I have the 19, a 96 Le MX5, SAAB and salary sacrifice Verada;hence I need to sell the 19!

Peter

Thread Information