WTB - cheap runabout bomb
  • Register
  • Help
    Gus

WTB - cheap runabout bomb

OK. Well, I'm sick of owning cars I can be proud of and I need to spend as little money as possible to get around for the next 4-5 months.

So... who out there knows of cheap s**tboxen that might be for sale? I'm talking your absolute, just registerable, heaps here... Mechanicals take absolute priority over insignificant things like paint, interior & cosmetic rust.

Advertisement

I've already scoped out a 504 with a hole in the engine.

504s and R12s are probably my favoured Froggy models, otherwise I might have to suffer a Corona or a Honda of some kind. Cheap Fuegos might be the go, too.

I draw the line at Sigmas.

Give me a call, 0414 624 891.

What about a Fiat Bambino?

Fiat bambino's arent bombs they are classics.

I'll buy your bambino!

dance

G

Plenty of cheap Feugos around and wasn't there an R10 going fairly cheap down there (Canberra) a while back?

Alan S

Here's some from the current Trading Post; take your pick

Renault 12 1979 Virage station wagon, body a little rough but mechanically very reliable, will suit traveller, 5 months rego, $650 negotiable, KMU-491 LILYFIELD 02-9810 4340

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RENAULT 750 4 CV 1954, for restoration, excellent body shell, new engine, $850 HAMILTON 02-4961 2916
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renault Fuego GTX 1985 manual, Mechanically good, drives nicely, standard alloys plus 14in mags and near new quality tyres, towbar, dashmat, air, roof and bonnet paint poor, rego 9/11/03, NPV407, $750 negotiable KURMOND 0409-84 6157
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

It's my brother's car G. I haven't got the liberty unfortunately of selling his baby. After watching the movie "The Big Blue" he aspired to be like Enzo and drive a Fiat bambino in signal red!!

Gus
    Thanks Alan.

I'd seen the Fuego and the 750, but missed the 12 somehow. I called up and left a message.

I've had some sick desire to own an R12 since before I knew anything at all about cars. Must be a twisted memory of my parents' R16 when I was younger.

I was selling Renaults at the time the Virage came out & they weren't a real bad little wagon.
    Performance is very acceptable, handling good for its era and load capacity very handy. Tend to be a little bit skittish in the tail when empty, in fact can get a little tail happy on loose surfaces but would be a fun little vehicle to just use as a hack, heaps of second hand bits at a reasonable price all over the place and not likely to get nicked if it has to be parked outside.
    You may end up like me with a hack, in my case a CX Cit, that I take shopping & around anywhere the rough heads are likely to open a door on it & if they do, you can dish out a monumental attack in return and just leave the good car for special occasions; they don't tend to cost you anything to own when looked upon in that light due to using the hack for anything that could be of detriment to your better car. Strange part is, when you drive a hack, no bugger ever seems to want to park close enough to cause any damage.

Alan S wink
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Gus
    Well, I'm a student... so a 'hack' is what I'm after.

I'll probably hitch to Sydney to look at the Virage, tomorrow.

There are always a couple of really good cars in the under 100$ ads on Tuesday Canberra Times
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

There must be a few cars about for this guy.
    What about the Renault 16 in this "far sale" section, it sounded alright.. approve

Gus
    Well, I bought the Virage. It's rusty, and brown, but after some TLC on Sunday it made it back to Canberra in one piece, so that must be a plus.

Thanks for the pointers, everyone.

Thread Information