504 TI '72 For Sale
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

504 TI '72 For Sale

504 TI '72

Advertisement

100 000 since imaculate rebuild in '83. Complete service history, including every mile & drop of oil and fuel, literally tens of thousands spent on maintenance.
    Recently resprayed & interior renewed, very smart looking machine.
    Rego until 28 Nov '03.
    $2500 ono

I'm a student and still have my 2CV, DS21 & Toyota Crown Royal Saloon??!! to maintain, Somethings gotta give... I assure you the Crown is the next to go wink

Cheers
    Harley

If it's as described, it's got to be worth every cent of that... not that I'm a potential buyer.

Where in the country are you located?

Fellow Frogger!
    I am based in Canberra.

I hope you find a buyer for it... there is some resistance, I think, to buying the older (pushbutton doorhandle) models, but there's nothing wrong with them as cars.

If your buyer wants some spares, I'm probably about to wreck a similar (1974) car, so there's a door or two, a few other bits, that might be of assistance to them as a long term owner.

gratis... all my cars are the later models.

Ray Bell:
    I hope you find a buyer for it... there is some resistance, I think, to buying the older (pushbutton doorhandle) models, but there's nothing wrong with them as cars.

If your buyer wants some spares, I'm probably about to wreck a similar (1974) car, so there's a door or two, a few other bits, that might be of assistance to them as a long term owner.

gratis... all my cars are the later models.
    If you do and the drivers side doors are ok, can you let me know please.

cheers!
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Hey, I just offered...

Well, okay, the driver's door has a bit of a mark in it, I'd have to look to be sure, really.

The car's in Parkes. I'll be there in a week or three.

Fellow Frogger!
    Hey ray,
    Which model Ti come out with the twin round lights?
    Peugeot
    "Anything else is a Compromise!"

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    Cant_get_enough_of_peugeots:
    Hey ray,
    Which model Ti come out with the twin round lights?
    the same year the normal 504's came out with the round lights which i'd say was late 71 early 72
    dave ?????
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Though TIs did have different headlights to the GLs... Actually, I wouldn't be dogmatic about the change being at the same time at all...

But I'd say '71, maybe early '72 for the change.

Ray Bell:
    Though TIs did have different headlights to the GLs... Actually, I wouldn't be dogmatic about the change being at the same time at all...

But I'd say '71, maybe early '72 for the change.
    Actually before the round lights, the fuel injected cars were badged "Injection", not "TI".

In Australia it was very late 1972 that the round lights came in on all 504 models, at the same time as the vents on the C pillars and the handbrake between the seats. I've only ever seen one 1972 model car with these features. All others were 73 or later.

I've never seen an Australian car with round lights AND handbrake under the dash, but they did sell them like this in the US where they never ever sold the trapezoidal lights.

Before the vents on the pillars, the brake between the seat and the round lights, the fuel injected 504s had trapezoidal lights with an extra bulb inside them. You can convert any 504/505 trapezoidal light to this system by using the reflector off a square headlight 2 series Volvo which use the same reflector as 504 and 505 lights but with twin bulbs like the "Injection" 504.

Dave

<small>[ 12 July 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Fellow Frogger!
    I've never seen an Australian car with round lights AND handbrake under the dash, but they did sell them like this in the US where they never ever sold the trapezoidal lights.
    Does that make this particular 504 special?

Does it have the quad lights and the umbrella handbrake?

Not really all that unique, as most trapezoidal headlights eventually got replaced with quads due to replacement cost after breakages.

Were any Oz assembled 504's apart from the automatic LTI supposed to have sunroofs?

I say a early 504 TI at the SFC day that had a sunroof but that is the first one I have ever seen with one.

I stripped out an LTI at Moss Vale a couple of years ago (wish I'd got there before they sat another car on top of it!) and it was a manual... I don't recall seeing anything on that car that indicated it hadn't always been a manual, while all LTIs (I've been told...) were supposed to be automatics.

Now I've bought the car from Wodonga, it's fuel injected and has a sunroof, but doesn't wear an LTI badge and doesn't have electric windows in the front... though the doors have been replaced.

There's also a gold coloured injected car (been resprayed) in a wrecking yard on the Gold Coast (complete car, quite redeemable) that's not an LTI and has a sunroof.

G'day Ray, if the Wodonga 504 you are talking about is my old one, the original doors were fitted with manual window winders and tinted glass, but no side intrusion bars - plus they were a bit rusty, hence the '79 diesel doors. Also, the original back seat was in that orangey/tan soft vinyl with the closer stitching than the current seats.

<small>[ 14 July 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: boodek ]</small>
    Ben.
    _ _________________ _
    A very fun 1997 manual 406 ST
    A lovely 2006 407 HDi Executive

B E R E T:

I saw an early 504 TI at the SFC day that had a sunroof but that is the first one I have ever seen with one.
    I saw that car aswell. It was obviously a private import because it had alot French spec stuff, circa late 1970s, which wasn't available on the Australian built cars of the same year.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

boodek:
    G'day Ray, if the Wodonga 504 you are talking about is my old one, the original doors were fitted with manual window winders and tinted glass, but no side intrusion bars - plus they were a bit rusty, hence the '79 diesel doors. Also, the original back seat was in that orangey/tan soft vinyl with the closer stitching than the current seats.
    The very car... how many TIs do you think I bought from Wodonga?

I'll be registering it this week too... and there's a noisy stepson here who's looking forward to learning to drive in it.

Ray Bell:
    I stripped out an LTI at Moss Vale a couple of years ago (wish I'd got there before they sat another car on top of it!) and it was a manual... I don't recall seeing anything on that car that indicated it hadn't always been a manual, while all LTIs (I've been told...) were supposed to be automatics.

Now I've bought the car from Wodonga, it's fuel injected and has a sunroof, but doesn't wear an LTI badge and doesn't have electric windows in the front... though the doors have been replaced.

There's also a gold coloured injected car (been resprayed) in a wrecking yard on the Gold Coast (complete car, quite redeemable) that's not an LTI and has a sunroof.
    ray
    was that a red coloured car ??
    if it was then it started life as an auto
    the old owners of that car still livein dubbo and their son used to drive the car around the highlands when he was there before chasing his dream job overseas and is now living in sydney
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

What other French spec stuff did this white TI with the s/roof have?

I noticed that there was no "Assembled in Australia" type plate like the other TI parked next to it.

B E R E T:
    What other French spec stuff did this white TI with the s/roof have?

I noticed that there was no "Assembled in Australia" type plate like the other TI parked next to it.

Ok, well it was a 1975 or later model (because of the flush door handles), yet it had the following things which were not avaiable on those models in Australia:

-French drop down headrest velour seats
    -trapezoidal headlights
    -square slotted wheels like a 505.

Of course theses things can be easily retrofitted to an Australian car, but put them all together with the sunroof and they are things which are indicative of a 75-77 model French car.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

Originally posted by pugrambo
    <strong>ray
    was that a red coloured car ??
    if it was then it started life as an auto
    the old owners of that car still livein dubbo and their son used to drive the car around the highlands when he was there before chasing his dream job overseas and is now living in sydney
    Yeah, that was a maroon car, in really good shape, basically.

Much better than that white one in your backyard. Though I don't think the seats were still in it...

well in that case it was paul taylors old car
    for those who watch RPM on ten of a sunday you may have heard his name a few times when there has been a dispute on the track
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Thread Information