Renault 16 TS manual STILL FOR SALE!
  • Register
  • Help
    JL
    Tadpole

Renault 16 TS manual STILL FOR SALE!

As advertised in Melbourne Renault club magazine, still for sale as at 4/7/2003 9:00am

Advertisement

1 owner 174,000kms, Ghost Gum white with tan interior, immaculate and original. Sold with RWC, price negotiable.

Please do not email, but phone Judith on
    03 9598 0279

Banned
    I have just inspected the 16, the car is not immaculate but it is very, very good. The lady wants too much money (for me anyway) at $3.5k. The master cylinder has just died and I suspect the car has sat for a while. The michellins are not all the same. The rear driver's side door has a touch of rust and the bonnet has a few bits of surface rust . The rear has had a little nudge and there is a small amount of damage to a bit if trim. The front bumper has a slight twist from a parking incident. My feeling is the miles are not "real" but I could be wrong. The motor and box and clutch seem fine, but its a feeling. The car is exceptional for an unrestored 16 and if you wanted one dearly its pretty impressive a respray would make it look a million dollars, not that the paint is all that bad. I had better add the car lives at Sandringham, which is by the sea, so the possibility of "hidden" rust would need to be more closely investigated. The steering wheel is slightly "loose" on the rubber, which is a RWC thing and the driver's visor flops down. Email me if you have any questions.

<small>[ 05 July 2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: peabody ]</small>

Banned
    As there is no "post" to inform of a sale I assume the car is still "there". This car is exceptionally good and my "report" may have not conveyed that. If you want a 16 this is well worth a look and the lady will negotiate, I think she just figured it was worh $3k+ as that would be her payout figure on her insurance. PLEASE DON"T LET THIS ONE "DISAPPEAR".

I just called up about it and car is still currently for sale...09 July

Ed.

Thread Information