F/S Peugeot 404 Sedan 1969 Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default SOLD: Peugeot 404 Sedan 1969 Sydney

OK, I wish I did not have to sell it, but financial constraints and a lifestyle change force it.

I would be happy with $2400 for her (which has 9 months rego on it).

I bought this car in 1996 with (I think) 146,000 miles on her from her original owner. She's white, and at that time was one of the best ones around (and still is).

Since then I have driven it less than 2,000 miles because:

1. I took it off the road in 1997 to "clean it up".
    2. This grew to a windows out, all chrome off respray and removal of all rust in 1998 (after it had been off the road for a year or so).
    3. It then sat in a garage until mid 2005 (engine started occasionally, oil changed a couple of times).
    4. Three months ago I:
    a) had all the brakes redone (which cost nearly as much as I am now prepared to sell the car for)
    b) put two new front tyres on it
    c) put a new battery in
    d) had a blue slip done
    e) got rego

She is not completely finished though (but I do drive her around) - I am hoping that she'll go to a good home, where someone will do the following to finish her:

a) put all the brightwork back on (I have it all + new wurth fasteners)
    b) fix a leaky heater valve
    c) give her a good polish (since she has only been rego'd for a few months, and garaged for so long I have never got around to that - always thought I would do it before I put on the brightwork).

This car is mechanically very good - engine very smooth, no smoke, strong as an ox, gearbox is excellent. Brakes are excellent.

The paint is excellent (though there are a few chips from dropped spanners etc - only a perfectionist would bother touching them up), and the bodywork has been repaired in places, but is very good. She's been completely fish oiled.

With a polish, and all the chrome back on - she would be a standout car (not concours - but very very nice).

The interior is complete - door trims are excellent, front seats excellent, rear seat has some splits on the top (you would probably replace it in time), and the dash "pad" has the usual crack in it.

I really love this car, as she's my 4th 404, but probably my last.

But I do not have the space or the time anymore.

PM or email me at joshatmediadynamicsdotcomdotau.

Advertisement
    Last edited by Bike_13; 4th October 2005 at 05:41 PM. Reason: SOLD

Tadpole

Bumps

Tadpole

Sold, and I miss her already ......

Thread Information