R8 Gordini For Sale in Canberra
  • Register
  • Help

Default R8 Gordini For Sale in Canberra

RENAULT GORDINI

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><o:p></o:p> </P><P style=[/img]
    <o:p></o:p>

MODEL R8 1135<o:p></o:p>

COLOUR Cannes Blue<o:p></o:p>

ASSEMBLED Melbourne, 1967<o:p></o:p>

ENGINE 1255 cc<o:p></o:p>

Bore 74.5 mm, Stroke 72 mm<o:p></o:p>

10.5 : 1 Compression<o:p></o:p>

Cross Flow head<o:p></o:p>

Extractor exhaust system <o:p></o:p>

ENGINE POWER 110 bhp<o:p></o:p>

CARBURETTOR Weber 40 DCOE<o:p></o:p>

GEARBOX 5 speed close ratio<o:p></o:p>

SUSPENSION 4 wheel independent coil springs<o:p></o:p>

Front anti roll bar<o:p></o:p>

4 telescopic shock absorbers rear<o:p></o:p>

2 telescopic shock absorbers front<o:p></o:p>

FUEL Twin tanks, rear and front<o:p></o:p>

BRAKES Servo assisted 4 wheel disk brakes<o:p></o:p>

TOP SPEED 180 kms per hour<o:p></o:p>

WEIGHT 850 kg unladen<o:p></o:p>

ACHIEVEMENTS An R8G 1135 won the 1969 Monte Carlo Rally and the 1970 Australian Rally Championship the main competition in its class came from Mini Coopers and Lotus Cortinas.<o:p></o:p>

BRIEF HISTORY OF THIS VEHICLE

This Cannes Blue R8 1135 Gordini was assembled in Melbourne in 1967. It was originally registered in Tasmania and subsequently restored by Caravelle Autos in Burnie, Tasmania. It was then sold to various owners in Melbourne. This R8G has never been rallied and is in orginal condition.<o:p></o:p>

The Gordini was purchased by the present owner, through Shannons Vintage and Classic Vehicle Auctions, at Cheltenham, Melbourne on 10 December 2001.<o:p></o:p>

Further detailed improvement and restoration work has since been completed. This has involved Fyshwick Panel and Paint providing selective 2 pack respraying of various body sections and panels. <o:p></o:p>

Alpine Motors in Phillip ACT have carefully checked, repaired and replaced any mechanical parts requiring attention and tuned the engine to original performance levels. Special thanks to Justin Eckersley of Alpine Motors for his great skills, patience and understanding of the R8 1135 model.

Contact jamescoleborne@hotmail.com more pics emailed on request.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails R8 Gordini For Sale in Canberra-r8g_front_right_2.jpg   R8 Gordini For Sale in Canberra-r8g_front_seats_from_left.jpg   R8 Gordini For Sale in Canberra-r8g_rear_close_right_1.jpg  
    Last edited by BogMaster; 29th August 2005 at 03:05 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Just a follow up. This car is still for sale and will be shortly advertised nationally and internationally.

It's no secret now that James is asking around $28k for it.

He is open to offers (subject to inpsection of the vehicle) but basically punters need to realise that Australian Classic Car Mag suggested values don't necessarily reflect the market.

It is also no secret that this vehicle sold at Shannons' auction some years ago when James acquired it for around $17k. The vehicle had some obvious problems involving the brake booster (non functioning and disconnected) and the oil cooler (disconnected and non functioning) and a few paint issues. A fair whack of cash was put into correcting those. plus work on the suspension to get it it up to scratch. Plus James had Justin Eckersley formerly of Alpine Motors in Phillip and Gordini hero have his head about getting the car in top perfoming condition - this was not cheap.

Before you start talking appreciation of a rare asset, you are looking at least around $6000 spent on making this vehicle hum.

My knowledge of recent local Gordini sales is incomplete, but I do know about these ones:

James's vehicle around $17k at public auction (authentic and restored 1135)

Hybrid 1134/35 partly worked on for rallying but with transmission and paint issues $10k by private negotiation

1135 rebuilt to Monte Carlo rally spec about $25K and resold for about $30k both by private negotiation.

I guess what I'm saying is that the car is still up for grabs, if you don't see $28k in it and want to make an offer go ahead but keep in mind the above.

I'd buy it if I had the cash.....well maybe I would try and beat him down a bit, but that's how you do things.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Thread Information