12 years ago this 1973 gunmetal grey Renault 17TL was in concours condition (or nearly) but it has been in a backyard, uncovered, and left to the elements. I saw the car on Friday and it is sad. The panels are all straight but the bonnet is rusted through and needs relacing. The interior is dingy. There is a headlight missing and a wing mirror. The gear knob is missing. There is rust appearing in several panels.

The car is up on blocks but the owner has a set of Gordini wheels. He also has a a box full of rubbers and assorted spares. It would seem that the car is destined for the tip unless someone comes along and takes it away. The engine has not run in 12 years and my guess is that the brakes will need a total overhaul. The car will need a repaint.

The owner is negotiable on price. He says he'd like to recover what he paid for the wheels ($500) plus something for the car, say $400. If you're looking for a parts car, this could be it. If you are really keen, you could resore it.

The owner has asked me to place this ad and his name is Don Cottren. Please call him on 03 9758 4177.

Advertisement

The car is in Ferntree Gully.

Alastair