For Sale 1985 Fuego
  • Register
  • Help

Default For Sale 1985 Fuego

1985 Fuego, 190,000km. silver. runs well and mechanically good. Interior OK. Kenwood CD Player. Body straight, with a little paint peeling on the LH front quarter panel. Currently unregistered. UTY 966

Work done:
    Carby overhaul - 178328km ($297.58 - Carby Sales & Service)
    New brakes inc. sleeve rear cylinders - 180730km ($448.00 - Tilbrooks)
    New belts inc Timing Belt and tensioner plus other bits and pieces - 181458km ($583.50 - Jim Bush)
    Cluch cable - 182438km (Silvers Auto)
    Tyres: 4 x Yokohama 205/60HR14 - 187075km ($587 - Bob Jane)

I have all receipts.

Advertisement

What needs to be done:
    The front end will soon need some attention (ie: bushes). Its not too bad now though.

The carby still isn't terribly happy and has been temperamental in cold weather.

The cluch cable is quite heavy despite being replaced. From what I have read, it is a relativly easy problem to fix.

Why am I selling:
    The car was my regular transport for 12 months before I had to purchase something a bit more suitable for work in April. it was then to become a project, but work and family has meant that I haven't had much time to do very much.

How Much: $600ono and a slab of Coopers pale (to ease the pain). Otherwise its to the wreckers if it isn't gone before I go back to work.

Where: Heathfield in the Adelaide Hills (25min. out of Adelaide)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For Sale 1985 Fuego-img2.jpg   For Sale 1985 Fuego-img1.jpg  
    Last edited by feral; 5th January 2005 at 11:26 AM.

well - tried to sell this for the past few weeks - I guess its off to the wreckers later today if no one calls - a sad end for a good car

Default Its Gone - a happy ending

I has been sold to a happy (hopefully) purchaser who contacted me the night it went to the wreckers. I managed to get it back the following morning after a frantic call to the owner of the yard. At this stage, the deal between myself and the wrecking yard owner had not been finalised and no money had changed hands, but when I picked the Fuego up one of the yard boyz had already removed the CD player and (for some unknown reason) cut the aircon hoses (????). Anyway, no major harm done and I'm pleased it has gone to a good home.

Thread Information