Citroen BX TZD For Sale - Not Running
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen BX TZD For Sale - Not Running

My Dec 1990 build/Jan. 1991 registered much loved BX TZD (Percy)has met an unfortunate end due to a catastrophic failure of the cambelt tensioner - resulting in a broken camshaft and possible other damage to valves and pistons. I am not going to repair it, so it is for sale as is/where is. The details of the car are as follows:
    Current NSW Rego - URW377 - registered until Nov 2005 - if sold within the next week only, after that I will hand in the plates for refund.
    Mileage - 144,000 miles (privately imported from the UK when I moved here). I am second owner and have original purchase details from the UK.
    Recent work done - new clutch within last 6 weeks, new clutch cable, new tires, full service history from last few years - during a house move a few years ago I disposed of the previous ones from the day I purchased it.
    Car has very good interior with only fault the usual crack in the dash plastic, no other marks on interior. Exterior good to very good - minor parking lot dings in front wing and rear quarter panel - offside. Colour dark green and paint in very good condition.
    Features TZD options - sun roof, split/fold rear seat with armrest, power windows, locks (plip missing), electric mirror on passenger side, 200 Watt CD player, uprated front and rear speakers, immobilser, alarm, etc.
    Engine is 1769CC turbocharged, intercooled diesel, was running in perfect order until tensioner failed, did not use any oil whatsoever between changes (every 3500 miles with filters), fuel economy was 52-54 miles/gallon constantly, and was a pampered member of my family.
    Pictures are available to interested parties.

Any offers, pm me or email to:
    abrossATacay.com.au

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen BX TZD For Sale - Not Running-tzd-front.jpg   Citroen BX TZD For Sale - Not Running-bx-tzd-front.jpg   Citroen BX TZD For Sale - Not Running-bx-tzd-rear.jpg  
    Cheers,
    Roscoe
    1991 BX TZD
    1990 BX 16V (x 2)
    2004 307 Touring
    1990 Mitsubishi Express Van: Alpaca Transport:

UFO

Roscoe,

That is tragic that the engine has failed. Especially as the test report of your car is in the just about to be posted out "Chevrons".
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tell me about it Craig...if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all! I sure wasn't expecting that to happen, that BX had been super reliable since I bought it except for a blown steering pinion seal last year - the only major problem it's had that was unexpected.
    I just did the clutch, rear arm bearings, new clutch cable, etc. as well as new rego this week....and the sad part is the car is in too good of shape to break up - buts that's probably what will happen to it.
    Anyway, I'm car shopping tomorrow - another French jobbie likely but maybe a Pug 307....
    Cheers,
    Roscoe
    1991 BX TZD
    1990 BX 16V (x 2)
    2004 307 Touring
    1990 Mitsubishi Express Van: Alpaca Transport:

Thread Information