Not quite the best BX TRi but close....
  • Register
  • Help

Default Not quite the best BX TRi but close....

STOP PRESS

I have found cheap storage in Melb that allows me to ship / keep a car there for use as a runaround on my weekly (work) visits. If anyone (or if anyone knows anyone) is remotely interested in a fully mechanically rebuilt (and resprayed) BX then offers would be welcome or it goes to Melbourne!

Regrettably the time has come to cull the fleet and the first to go now that our BX TZi is fully sorted is our much loved BX TRi....

1988 BX TRi 5 speed NSW Rego TBX 106
    Fully resprayed (all trim and glass removed) in original Silver Metalic 2 years ago.
    Nut and bolt mechanical rebuild over the past three years including:-
    New Clutch
    New Spheres (including accumulator)
    New Brakes
    New Rear Arm Bearings
    New Radiator / Head / Head Gasket
    Rebuilt Front Steering Rack
    Reco Alternator
    New Battery
    Good Tyres
    Serviced every 5000k including semy synth oil (it doesn't use a drop between changes)
    Everything on this BX works perfectly including the Air Con; Rad / Cass / CD Stacker / Interior Trim is perfect (customary cracks on strip under windscreen)
    Sheepskin covers on front and tweed on rear (including headrests) all it's life.
    Includes 6 new speakers (JBL / Sony) and Splits in Rear
    Fully operational sunroof - No leaks
    Wind deflectors on both front door windows
    New electric window switches and dash board switches.
    Mud Flaps front and rear
    Tinted windows
    Tom Dolan at Citromet has done most of the work on this car and the value and volume of work is freightening.
    The car as some in here would know recently had a front end shunt (passenger side front) and was fully repaired by an NRMA approved repairer
    with a life time guarantee on all work.
    It comes with 11 months NSW registration.
    Only fault I can think of is (potentially) a weak first gear synchro although the gearbox shifts perfectly and runs Nulon and the front and rear tyres are mismatched pairs oh and there is a slight rust spot in the corner of the sunroof frame (not the body itself but the black glass surround). There also appears to be an intermitent current drain that drains the battery if the car is not used for a couple of weeks and it needs a new speedo cable (this one is noisy but it works)

BX TRi's sell for between $2,500 and $5,000 it seems and even (poor BX16v's are now starting at $5's.....

However I chalenge anyone to find a BX that has been more pampered than this or that has a better or more detailed repair history.....

If anyone is genuinly looking for a BX and wants the TRI 5 speed then you should have a good look at this car and make me a realistic offer based on what you think it is worth.

I can send pics to genuinly interested purchasors but would rather you come and look at it / drive it. Car can be inspected in Sydney; Gosford or at Citromet and happy for Tom Dolan or Denton Christie to undertake a full report.

First genuine and realistic offer will be accepted as now that we have decided to sell I want to move this car before Chrtistmas and whilst it still has lots of rego.

Advertisement

Email me on [email protected]
    Last edited by Jack Z; 13th November 2004 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Add details
    BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

Default Offers Invited....

STOP PRESS

I have found cheap storage in Melb that allows me to ship / keep a car there for use as a runaround on my weekly (work) visits. If anyone (or if anyone knows anyone) is remotely interested in a fully mechanically rebuilt (and resprayed) BX then offers would be welcome or it goes to Melbourne!
    BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

Thread Information