1972 Peugeot 504 for sale
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 1972 Peugeot 504 for sale

Hi all,
    It has come time to sell my beloved 1972 Peugeot 504 sedan to make way for my nearly finished Renault 12 project. The car is based in the inner southern suburbs of Brisbane so it is probably only of interest to the resident Queenslanders. Iím the third owner and have used it is as daily driver on and off for about seven years. The car has done 81000 original miles and has had heaps of mechanical work (listed below) in recent years. It comes with a safety certificate and is registered till January next year. The interior is completely original and very clean with only minimal wear on driverís door trim and seat (though the carpet is starting to look ratty). It is the two litre carburetted automatic version. Iím not totally certain the carbie is stock as it was replaced in the eighties by the original owner. Was the twin throat auto choke Solex available on these early models??? The paintwork, particularly on the bonnet and boot, is looking pretty sad after 32 years and is the carís major weak point. Beyond paint work the only mechanical faults that spring to mind are that the boot springs need replacing and the auto choke doesn't work (needs a little spring which my mechanic lost). Iíve spent several grand in recent years and I want to recoup SOME of my costs. I have no idea what market there is still for 504s but I am happy to address any enquiries / offers. I am happy to send more photos if there is any interest. Please email me if you need any further details.
    Philip

Mileage Work Carried Out Cost
    71000 Head rebuilt / heater & radiator hoses replaced $ 800.00
    75000 New windscreen washer tank $ 30.00
    75000 2nd hand boot mat / hub caps / door handles knobs catches / lenses / fuel filter / trims $ 300.00
    75000 New car seat covers / floor mats $ 120.00
    75000 New spare tyre lock $ 85.00
    76000 Four New Tyres $ 320.00
    76000 Front and rear muffler assemblies $ 240.00
    76000 All four wheel cylinders rebuilt & pads replaced $ 250.00
    76000 New front shock absorbers $ 370.00
    77000 Replace exhaust pipe between two mufflers $ 95.00
    79000 Replace plugs / condensor / rotor / dist cap $ 45.00
    79000 Replace fuel hoses / two spark plug leads $ 25.00
    79000 One front and one rear wheel bearing replaced $ 310.00
    80000 Flush and weld radiator and refill $ 100.00
    80000 New indicator unit / oil & diff fluid change $ 35.00
    81000 Replace brake limiting valve / steering rack boot $ 185.00
    81000 Weld exhaust bracket & passenger seat mount $ 75.00

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1972 Peugeot 504 for sale-drivers-side-1.jpg   1972 Peugeot 504 for sale-front-interior-1.jpg   1972 Peugeot 504 for sale-dashboard-1.jpg  
    Last edited by R12 Fan; 21st September 2004 at 05:19 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Peugeot 504 Must Go!

Hi again,
    Five months later and I'm still stuck with my Pug. From the thread above you can see the recent work on the car. The safety certificate has since lapsed as I had no luck trying to sell the car earlier. About all that has changed is that the car has logged another 1000 miles. The rego expires in January so I'm guessing the car will be only be of interest as a project or sadly a parts car. It shouldn't have any hassles passing another safety certificate. Anyone interested feel free to make me an offer.
    Philip
    Last edited by R12 Fan; 24th November 2004 at 12:32 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

Icon9 Peugeot 504 for sale - Brisbane

No replies yet to selling my old beast. Seriously guys - are these cars becoming virtually give aways unless the car is imaculate? Someone please make me an offer as the clock is ticking on the rego.
    Philip

Fellow Frogger!

Default 504 sedan for sale Brisbane

I'm just bumping up this thread again because I've now finished my Renault 12 project and I need to shift the 504 to make room. Anyone interested in a cheap car? The car i registered and is a daily driver but I'd probably want to sell it unregistered. It should pass a RWC without any hassles but since I'm probably only chasing $500 it would be best to go down the unregistered path. Any interest at all? Please drop me a line.
    Philip

Fellow Frogger!

Icon9 504 for sale

I'm bumping the thread once again because there doesn't seem a huge amount of interest. I can send more photos if needed. This car is a daily driver but the paintwork etc means it is either a cheap restorer or a parts car. The interior is very clean and the dashboard has only one very small crack. Surely someone wants to save this from the wreckers or being shipped to the Middle East or both....
    Philip

Thread Information