2006 Citroen C5 Estate.
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pottsy

Thread: 2006 Citroen C5 Estate.

Default 2006 Citroen C5 Estate.

The time has come to move on to a newer car, so Mephistopheles has to go to a new home.

He's a "Rouge Profonde" (That's deep red to us Aussies) facelift model with the lot. Traveled 217,000 kM, the last 70,000 or so in my hands, and reliably. Motor is the DW10BTED 2 litre HDi Diesel and the gearbox an Aisin "AM6" 6 speed automatic.

The good bits: Standard HID turning headlamps, Front inbuilt spotlights upgraded, one to HID. Standard electric sunroof with shade and spoiler. Standard leather upholstery in beige. Has standard ABS and traction control, power steering (of course) and the full Hydractive 2 suspension.The transmission is silky smooth and the car corners like no other big wagon out there. Also standard cruise control and speed limiter both work fine.

In my time of custodianship I've replaced the tierod ends, inner and outer, the auto transmission valve body (with a brand new one less than 2 years ago). The cambelt, idler and tensioner were new at 174,000kM in Jan 2016. Soon after I got the car I had a new particulate filter and cat converter fitted. Pollen filter was also replaced then. Top engine steady was new a year or so ago, the RH engine mount a bit later.

Running on four near new Pirelli P7 Cinturato 215/55-16 tyres.

The niggling things that have been sorted include the following: Tailgate struts re-gassed, tailgate window unlock switch repaired. Battery less than 2 years old. Windscreen replaced 2018. Security wheel bolts replaced with normal ones.

Fitted with a towbar from Towbars Australia which was imported from Europe for the C5 wagon. Also has a relay interface for the trailer wiring, all of which works beautifully. It's even fitted with a Parrot bluetooth phone interface, integrated with the stereo, as well as a Yatour "virtual CD stacker".

All of the regular work and maintenance has been done by Paul and the gnomes at Auto Paris in Box Hill. They've even changed auto fluid on a regular basis as well as the regular servicing.

Realistically, the only thing on the car not doing quite what it should is the left hand air distribution flap in the climate control. Right hand side is icy, and works fine. Just the left has gone out to lunch.

Advertisement

Comes with the load area cover screen, a roll up luggage barrier and a pair of the proper roof bars.

I'm confident this would be one of the best sorted C5 wagons out there. I'm also confident that it's worth every cent of $3500 (or near offer) to the right buyer.

If you'd like more info, and photos (once I wash it) then PM me and we can talk.

Cheers, Pottsy.
    Last edited by pottsy; 13th February 2020 at 01:04 PM.
    antonio likes this.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's) Grandma's Taxi
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick") Weekend Warrior
    2015 C4 Grand Picasso ("Pablo") Workhorse & Grandpa's Taxi
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned Traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Shrunken CX
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Deposit taken. Heading for a new home in NSW later in the week.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's) Grandma's Taxi
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick") Weekend Warrior
    2015 C4 Grand Picasso ("Pablo") Workhorse & Grandpa's Taxi
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned Traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Shrunken CX
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Thread Information