EOI. 1957 Slough 2CV Project
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pottsy

Thread: EOI. 1957 Slough 2CV Project

Default EOI. 1957 Slough 2CV Project

OK, I've had this car for some years without making any progress as such. Not because I didn't want to, but because life, and another 2CV, got in the way.

I'm now in the decision making mode as to whether I persevere, invest some time and money in the car, or pass it on to someone who can do it justice better than I.

Alphonse is a genuine Slough made 2CV AZL. He's in substantially original condition. I suspect most of his burgundy paint to be original and he still has such little touches as the paisley patterned liner of the parcel shelves and faded but original burgundy upholstery. He was last on the road in 1969. I bought him from a bloke who used him for a daily commute from West Melbourne to Macedon until the motor failed.

Having now carefully inspected the car on a hoist I can say with reasonable confidence that the ONLY rust in the car is in the front floors and lower foot board. Everywhere else is solid.

Advertisement

The body is now able to be lifted from the chassis, I just haven't done it yet. My plan was to start repairing the floors/footboard but I'm having a rethink at present.

All the Slough features are there. Doors with windows front and rear. Metal boot lid with English badge, Slough "art deco" bonnet ornament. Centre speedo and interior lamp. Roof is good, but I suspect the rear window is not an original. It's been replaced with a full width perspex panel. Oh, and this car never seems to have had the semaphore indicators either.

The 425cc motor was in pieces as the crankshaft was chopped out. I've rebuilt the original motor with a perfect replacement crank assembly. Only requires finishing off with cylinders and heads to be complete.

Car comes with an excellent spare ripple bonnet, several boxes of spare parts including a spare gearbox, centrifugal clutch parts, engine parts, etc.

Part of me wants to complete this project but I'm practical enough to recognise I may never do it to the standard it deserves.

Photos can be found elsewhere on this forum, just search for "Alphonse".

If you're interested then send me a private message or e-mail and we can talk. Car is in Melbourne. Price is negotiable but I'm well aware of the rarity of this car so I won't part with him for peanuts but I'm not expecting megadollars either.

Cheers, Pottsy.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Current project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Bump. Now decided that a price of $8000.00 is reasonable so that's what I'm asking.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Car is sold and heading for Queensland very soon.

Thanks to those who were interested.

Cheers, Pottsy
    forumnoreason and David M like this.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Thread Information