205 gti: One 15" original wheel/tyre on ebay
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 gti: One 15" original wheel/tyre on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....480329328&rd=1

Advertisement

Now if only I had the car to go with the wheel!
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....480329328&rd=1

Now if only I had the car to go with the wheel!
    If you buy the wheel you'll be one step closer to owning the car

I've been having thoughts about getting myself a 205 gti one of these days....
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    If you buy the wheel you'll be one step closer to owning the car

I've been having thoughts about getting myself a 205 gti one of these days....
    LOL knowing me, I'll be one step away from having half a car sitting there useless in the garage that I don't yet have....

Yep my next car goal is definitely a 205 gti, and I reckon I'll keep it close to forever. Mmmm a 205 gti and a Lotus elise in my non-existant garage and I'll be a happy man. Is that too much to ask for?

- 306 gti6

Yep my next car goal is definitely a 205 gti, and I reckon I'll keep it close to forever. Mmmm a 205 gti and a Lotus elise in my non-existant garage and I'll be a happy man. Is that too much to ask for?
    Well I've got the 205, well 3 of them at the moment actually, 2 of them are for sale to fund, of all things, a Lotus Elise.......
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL knowing me, I'll be one step away from having half a car sitting there useless in the garage that I don't yet have....

I'd be happy to keep my 206 GTi as my every day car, get a Porsche 911 to have as a weekend car - and a 205 GTi to use as a hillclimb/circuit car. But then again i've been toying with the idea of buying a Westfield clubman kit. I'm going to need a big shed!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    I'd be happy to keep my 206 GTi as my every day car, get a Porsche 911 to have as a weekend car - and a 205 GTi to use as a hillclimb/circuit car. But then again i've been toying with the idea of buying a Westfield clubman kit. I'm going to need a big shed!
    I've heard the PRB clubmans are somewhat better than westfields. Dunno how they compare in price. I know the PRBs are now made as a semi-monocoque using aluminium honeycomb sandwiched panels. I went and had a good look around their site when I was last in Sydney as one of my mates was toying with the idea (Like you, he was also getting paid too much ) Apparently they weigh around 450 kg and have an engine option with almost 250 hp!! That's just crazy. Imagine having a muscle spasm on your right foot and finding yourself going backwards..in the dry..in a straight line

I was toying with the idea of a porsche 911 (a very used one) a couple of years back, but realised that since I don't get paid too much, the living on bread and water in a cardboard box whilst begging for petrol to drive the 911 would take some of the 'special 911 feeling' away.

edit:
    matt you lucky bastard

- 306 gti6

WaTtieS

Hey Matt205!

I'm after a 205 Gti '92 on

Do you have one for sale?

Cheers,
    WaTtieS

edit:
    matt you lucky bastard
    Well I probably shouldn't add that I've also got a drive in a one make Caterham (AKA Lotus7, like PRB, Westfield etc) endurance series starting in NSW next year, 425kg, 170hp 1100cc Honda Blackbird engine, 6 speed sequential gearbox........Oh yeah and my current daily drive is a Clio Sport which is for sale as well BTW. I used to hate people like me too.....mind you it's all from hard work and long hours.

Hi Watties,

I have a 92 model for sale but it's a race car and has a pretty keen byer on it at the moment, wouldn't make a great daily driver due to full cage, race seats and harnesses.
    Regards,
    Matt
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio

Matt:

Caterham Blackbird....umm....drool....

Can you still reverse all 6 gears??

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Just looking at the 205 wheel eBay thing...is the guy selling just ONE wheel with tyre??

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Quote Originally Posted by BW205
    Just looking at the 205 wheel eBay thing...is the guy selling just ONE wheel with tyre??

Cheers
    Billy
    Yup..at first I thought he was selling all four too, but at 90 bucks, that'd be ridiculously too good to be true. Still, 90 bucks for an oem wheel seems good value to me, and they look great as they are (I can't believe how most of the UK guys throw them out and replace them with chromy shiny wheels on their 205's).

Matt, that'd be awesome fun. Those things have phenomenal acceleration and grip from what I've seen of some of them going around a track.

- 306 gti6

Thread Information