FS 1990 205 gti
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djvu205

Thread: FS 1990 205 gti

Default FS 1990 205 gti

Not the best example of a 205 but certainly not the worst ive seen. I purchased this as a project but now I have my 205 si sorted and other projects on the go this one doesn't make the fix list. Also i have lost the motivation to do another 205.

Advertisement

I think its a 90 or 91 model, uk spec sorrento green. It has the d6b motor and fitted with air cond, it may be factory fitted? Also has a non leaking sunroof. The body is rough and needs repairs and possibly a full respray to make it nice again. The interior is good except front seats need repairing and the dash has pretty much been ripped apart and destroyed by someone while chasing a wiring issue it think?

The dash frame is broken and dash wiring is a mess. It needs a lot of work to fix possibly easier to replace dash from another car. wiring is also a mess and needs lots of work, its had a alarm at some stage and there is some sorting to do. its all stuff that could be fixed but its just not for me.

I was optimistic that the motor might still be good so I took it out to give it and the engine bay a clean down and replace the head gasket do the clutch etc etc but found the head was badly corroded and cam was worn. ive sent it to my local machine shop to sort it out but been told to find a replacement head. It was never run whilst in as wiring was to big of an issue but I was told it ran good at some stage

So with all these issues I honestly cant be bother with it and it needs a new motivated owner soon or I will be tempted to part it out.

Located in Bendigo Vic for those interested I will be able to trailer it into melb area this weekend. After Easter weekend it will be most likely parted out and remains going into storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djvu205; 15th April 2019 at 09:41 AM.

After a few enquiries regarding price and for those interested, Id let it got for the best offer over $1500. Need some space and would like to move it along quickly or it will be parted out.
    gezza likes this.

Car is now being split and some parts are available in the for sale section. Rolling body shell is being stored away as is motor. If a good dash and wiring become available i will fix it

Thread Information