F/S Mildly modified 406 sv manual
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cav91

Thread: F/S Mildly modified 406 sv manual

Default F/S Mildly modified 406 sv manual

Very, very sadly and reluctantly advertising the old 1998 406 for sale. This car is fantastic, incredibly reliable still looks good and drives pretty good to. Well appointed to. With electric leather seats, auto wipers and even an accurate trip computer! So reliable I wouldn't think twice about taking it to Brisbane if I needed to.

Now to start with the bad bits, mainly it's done a lot of kms! I mean a lot, shes clicked over 428 thousand kms. But don't let that put you off, it doesnt use oil and leaks very little of it. Never leaves a puddle (Very rare for a v6). Its has been a long distance cruiser all its life. So mostly highway kms. But also a lot of towing which it does without flinching. The paint on the roof is starting to go as well as the front bumper. But still looks pretty good.

Now the good bits. The cam belt and crank seal is about a year old, still has 5 more years till it's due again. Can't remember the kms but would be between 10,000-20,000 kms ago. So still has 100,000 kms. V6s are 120 k or 6 years. The clutch was replaced about a month ago, due to the thrust bearing going noisy. Admittedly I fitted a second hand good one, because I didn't know how long I would keep it for. But works fine and makes no noise. Also got a rear main seal whilst in there. The cars pulls like a train and everything works! Even the ac. It has better ac than the mrs brand new koleos. Actually has the coldest ac I've ever felt! The interior is still pretty good with a very rare perfect passengers airbag cover (most D8's are starting to or completely peeled off). The only negative to the interior is the drivers seat has warn and come apart around the electric switches. Has full leather door trims instead of the fabric that usually peels off. I've also fitted a D9 nose to it. Because I like the look of the late nose and early bum! It has a good tyres all round. I've also fitted aftermarket cruise control which works very well, but has no clutch switch. So you need to touch the brakes to turn off or use the switch. Also aftermarket remote for central locking, so is much more reliable and has good range. Still has the original which was working fine until the battery in the ket went flat. Car also has two keys.

Now the mildly modified bits. It has 406 coupe brembo front calipers, with drilled and slotted rotors all around. It stops on a dime! With 16 inch coupe wheels to go over the brakes. Has lowered about 25mm eibach springs and koni shocks. With a 406 coupe strut brace. It handles excellent. Better then all the mi16's I've owned, and so predictable whilst on the limit! Also has a bit of a sport exhaust system. Makes it sound very nice. But doesn't drone on the highway. In fact you cant even hear it!

As for what I think it's worth. Surely it's got to be worth $2000. I could probably also get a RWC but would want $2500. For it then. It has about a month rego left to. This is hard to do. This has not only been the best car I've ever owned it's also been the best daily driven car in the family! Only selling because I couldnt find a wagon and have bought a koleos to tow the caravan. Needed more space. Now I need the space that the cars taking up!

I also have a whole lot of spare bits to go with it. Cant actually remember what, but I know I have a throttle body, starter, alternator (that needs to be repaired), taillights and other stuff.

Advertisement

Also have 2 sets of 17inch aftermarket wheels with spacers and suitable bolts.
    1551054405166.jpg Which will go over the brembos. That can potentially be included.

Please if the picture quality isn't very good I can text them to you. I've resized the pictures a lot to make them small enough!

My number is 0416 493 640

Attachment 112456
    Attachment 112457Attachment 112458
    1551054390088.jpg
    Last edited by cav91; 25th February 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Demannu likes this.
    406 D8 V6 manual

406 D8 V6 manual

Bump, just put 3 months reg on it

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app
    406 D8 V6 manual

Thread Information