F/S 1985 Renault 11 Turbo Replica/Tribute
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Alby

Thread: F/S 1985 Renault 11 Turbo Replica/Tribute

Default F/S 1985 Renault 11 Turbo Replica/Tribute

I've always lusted after a Renault 11 Turbo. They were such good tarmac rally cars in the mid-eighties and looked fantastic to my eyes. And the idea of 130+ hp in a 900kg car with wider and longer track than the Renault 5's stayed with me. Two years ago I tried twice to import Renault 11 Turbos from the UK only to find they were full of rust and not worth proceeding with.

So instead I bought what I think is the only Renault 11 in Australia and proceeding to re-commission it after many years off the road and then upgrade it to Turbo+ specifications.

The car started out as a 5 door TSE 1.4L model. Now it has:

Advertisement

ē A genuine 11 Turbo engine and gearbox imported from the UK, standard except for freer flowing inlet/intercooler & exhaust systems & a manual boost adjuster;
    ē Bigger ventilated disc brakes on the front & discs on the rear;
    ē Upgraded suspension;
    ē An 11 Turbo instrument panel;
    ē Leather seats out of a 19 Baccara, nice wheels, new tyres, etc.

Itís on historic rego & is very enjoyable to drive around as is. The motor and gearing in particular are fantastic.

But, as per most projects, thereís always more to do such as a good paint job (the photos flatter the paint work), stiffening up the rear suspension more would be good, and so on. And now that Iíve retired and downsized itís just not practical for me to continue with too many projects, hence this for sale thread.

Iím looking for $12,750 for the car. Call me on 0414 892 222 to chat about the car, get more history & photos, or come for a drive.

Cheers, Alby
    Attached Images Attached Images
    gsowner84, FIVEDOOR, vivid and 1 others like this.

Forgot to add that car is in Carrum, Victoria (bayside down near Frankston).
    Also that there are a fair few spare parts like doors, bonnet, hatch, drive shafts, lights, blinkers

Thread Information