FTGH Citroen BX 19 GT
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2bxornot2bx

Thread: FTGH Citroen BX 19 GT

Fellow Frogger!

Default FTGH Citroen BX 19 GT

I've had many miles and many smiles from my faithful BX. But it is now time to say good bye. Mechanically great and interior not too bad but the body has suffered a few blows. With patience and not too much dough could all be put right. Was a really dependable "jump in and drive". Did 3 return trips to Brisbane from Canberra without a hitch. Now dNeeds a home or she'll be euthanised. I gave her 7 years more life. But now I think she wants to rest. You'll need a battery and a trailer. That said with a battery and a permit who knows. I would confidently drive her how far is required. No silly questions please. This is a freebie.

Advertisement
    frog likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Soooooo. Quick reply to many questions. Car would need a windscreen. A drivers door lock. And a pretend key. Currently set up to start with a couple of toggle switches and a push to start. To get it regged ages ago I just put a 3 key switch in series. Once regged I removed the charade. Car took a knock front left. I cobbled it back into shape but would need more work on the repair to pass RWC. No leaks. Last time driven all hydraulics were good. Dash had a funky fur lining but that has now faded. Matt Black paint now sun damaged. A few rattle cans of paint would fix that.

Fellow Frogger!

Early style dash but with Jaegar round dials.

Fellow Frogger!

Soooo... went to my property..Popped in a battery and the old beast roared to life and lifted..
    Moved around in a sprightly manner...
    She's looking pretty clapped out though..

Still lots of useful Mk1 parts. Very healthy 1.9 motor/gb/clutch..
    Exceptionally rare model anywhere in the world.. worth a full resto as the bones are still great..

Thread Information