• Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Walshy

Thread: F/S 1994 205 GTI Classic #9/30

Default F/S 1994 205 GTI Classic #9/30

SOLD -

$3000 ONO - PM me here or Phone 0414 996 499 - Simon

Peugeot 205 GTI Classic #9/30. 1.9 litre 8V engine. Full leather seats, sunroof, bluetooth stereo. 4 months rego. 180k km. Hail damaged bonnet and roof otherwise straight in the body.

Much loved car no longer receiving the attention it deserves and I'm not in a position to spend time with dismantling to fix panels / remove headliners etc.

I found this car in 2005 and immediately felt the desire to bring it back to life. It was barely running.
    Since then, I have worked hard to bring here is still a little way to go hit back to it’s former glory however I’m just not getting to it all with 2 kids and a business to run.

This is a sale I know I will regret.

Over the years I have performed the following restorations / upgrades on the car in the following order:
    Engine block replacement including honing of cylinders (they were looking brand new) new bearings and rings. Mi16 oil pump gear and pressure spring fitted to bump the oil pressure at idle. 0.40 shaved of the head to lift the compression just beyond 10:1 (you have to run high octane fuel in this engine). My mechanic fitted a drive side belt tensioner to adjust the cam timing. The engine modifications effectively bring the performance up to the euro spec 130bhp though I have never had it dynoed, it is very strong.

Gearbox is in great condition with all synchros working well. Bronze shift pivot bushes fitted. Limited Slip Diff fitted in 2013 which has added so much driveability to the car.
    New radiator in 2011. Original intake system refitted with new genuine intake hoses.

Front suspension new Bilstein B6 group N shock absorbers on standard Peugeot springs. Group N top mount rubbers. Polyflex urethane bushes in control arms and sway bar. New sway bar links. Front brakes are oversize 283mm discs from a 207HDI however if I had time I’d change back to original spec as there really was nothing wrong with the braking performance.

Rear suspension Bilstein B6 group N shock absorbers. Rear beam fully overhauled with 21mm torsion bar and solid group A mounts.

Advertisement

Tyres brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE002 Adrenaline approx 300km ago.
    Battery relocated to boot to create space under the bonnet.

Front fans rewired with new relays/connections. LED H4 globe replacements. New original SIEM front spotlights.

Car comes with the following spares:

1. New driveshafts L/R
    2. OMP adjustable strut brace.
    3. Original front and rear shock absorbers
    4. Original front disc brake callipers, bosses and discs
    5. Spare new clutch cable
    6. Original rubber mounts for rear beam

Needs work on:

1. Tacho not currently working?
    2. Upholstery needs a bit of work

1. Interior lights N/W
    2. Reverse light N/W