• Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Haakon
  • 1 Post By Haakon

Thread: Cheap commuter hack - 2002 Xsara

Default Cheap commuter hack - 2002 Xsara

Citroen Xsara 2002.

Great interior condition and general exterior wear for a 16 year old car. 110,000kms. Very light hail damage though.

Great little car with a punchy 2 litre engine and 5 speed manual – the same drivetrain as a Peugeot 206 GTi on a 306 chassis.

Dual airbags, ABS brakes, climate control, remote entry.

Makes for a cheap, fun and safe runabout or commuter that you don’t need to worry about being dinged in carparks. I only spent the money to fix it up as my FIL said he wanted it. But he ultimately couldn't deal with the Frenchness and so it sat in storage for a few years before I gave up and got him a Mazda 3 instead... I'm obviously not expecting to retrieve anything remotely close to what I spent on it...

Was originally an automatic - I converted it using Xsara VTS subframe, pedals and lever, a 206GTi gearbox, a mix and match for driveshafts and the clutch fork and cable from a UK spec diesel Berlingo. Was a "fun" little project that worked perfectly thanks to the PSA parts bin approach to car building! It now drives like a slightly heavier 206GTi.

New tyres, new battery, new ball joints/control arm bushes, recent brakes, and ready for a roadworthy inspection.

Offers in the high 3 figures - with or without a ACT roadworthy certificate. Car is unregistered at present and in Canberra. I drove the Mazda 3 down to Melbourne for the FIL, pulled this out of the carport where it had sat for 4 years - a new battery, filled it up and pumped up the tyres and sat it on 3200rpm for 7 hours

Advertisement

(photos are from a while back when it was still an auto, all i can do on this windows pos computer. Ill add recent photos tonight on the mac)

Cheap commuter hack - 2002 Xsara-img_3855.jpgCheap commuter hack - 2002 Xsara-img_3854.jpgCheap commuter hack - 2002 Xsara-img_3857.jpg
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    bowie, CXVingtCinq, micoz and 1 others like this.

Sold

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    cam740 likes this.

Thread Information