Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted
  • Register
  • Help

Default Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted

The subject of an entertaining (...?) conversion from an AL4 auto to a BE4 manual using a combination of a 206GTi gearbox, Xsara pedalbox etc and some euro spec parts for clutch parts.

Xsara - AL4 to BE4 Conversion

Drives very well (ie like a mildly bigger heavier 206GTi ). I pushed ahead with the conversion instead of scrapping it because my father in law said he wanted it - but it has been parked up in his carport for the last few years while he kept driving a shitty old (deathtrap POS...) Ford Telstar... We eventually decided he just didn't want it and bought him a Mazda 3 instead.

So this should go to another home. Its not really worth a lot of course, and the $1500 or so I spent converting it is of course not going to be retrieved nor is the 500 i spent on new tyres for it before it went on to sit around for a few years...

Advertisement

In addition to the conversion and the new tyres, I put new wishbone bushes and balljoints in it. Its ready to be presented for a roadworthy right now after a wash and cobwebs removed (and maybe wiper blades..), I even put a new battery in it the last time I was in Melbourne and decided to fire it up for the first time in a year... It will need a timing belt based on time alone (the belt has only 20,000kms on it, but its been at least 5 years).

It also has mild hail damage -I got it cheap from Pickles as part of that big hail storm 10 years ago, its had the VSI inspection and has been registered since.

Anyway, it will make a good cheap runaround or disposable car for your kids or something. Its still a fun car to drive. Only has about 90,000kms on it.

Open to offers.

Ill see if I can find any more pictures, but the car is in Mt Waverley at present. I will be driving his new Mazda 3 down in a month or so and haven't decided if I fly back or drive the Xsara back. Should probably fly back, more people (...?) will be likely to want it in Melbourne.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

A couple of pics.

Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted-img_3855.jpg

Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted-img_3854.jpg

Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted-img_3857.jpg

Default Citroen Xsara - 2002 phase 2 manual converted

And just to be clear, when I say offers I mean anything sensible will be considered. Say an even $1000...? Negotiable. Add the cost of a RWC and rego and itís cheap wheels. Dual airbags/ABS even makes it P plater friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Thread Information