Renault25 manual; aren't these a bit rare?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Renault25 manual; aren't these a bit rare?

This off the Trading Post; Queensland.

Advertisement

"RENAULT GTX25, 2ND owner, 5spd manual, all original, with 5mths rego, 1st to see will buy, excel cond -$4000 ono Surfers Paradise (0402) 941 787"

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Yep they are a bit rare Alan......says Bog having just finished telling John Masefield that $4000 was overpriced for a good 25 auto. Skippy sold his manual up there somewhere for under 2 grand and from the info he provided and it's low k's it was a top vehicle.

If you want to end that love affair with hydraulics try offering the owner something like $1500 and see if you get a nibble.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    Yep they are a bit rare Alan......says Bog having just finished telling John Masefield that $4000 was overpriced for a good 25 auto. Skippy sold his manual up there somewhere for under 2 grand and from the info he provided and it's low k's it was a top vehicle.

If you want to end that love affair with hydraulics try offering the owner something like $1500 and see if you get a nibble.

If I even look sideways at another car of any description for a while it could end the love affair with my missus.
    Can't come at tin springs though regardless of what they're under. Hydraulics are too simple, too comfortable, too reliable, too versatile and handle too well to go taking any potentially backwards steps.
    Not only that, but if I offer the owner $1500, I might end up ending another beautiful friendship before it's even started.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Not only that, but if I offer the owner $1500, I might end up ending another beautiful friendship before it's even started.

Alan S[/QUOTE]

I dunno Alan I've only ever been threatened once and that was by a used car dealer when I tactfully suggested that $10,000 was way too much for a high km vehicle (19 auto) he was trying to sell me ( I didn't really notice but a couple of mates who were with me started moving back as the shark went redder and redder) . I usually say something like "I don't want to insult you, but....." explain and then make the offer, give the seller my phone number and tell him to ring if he/she reconsiders. Basically there is no point in making offers or for that matter fixing price tags that are unrealistic in terms of the market. I have walked away from a few cars I desperately wanted to buy but then again I have purchased a couple that way too.

The hassle for enthusiasts is that often a car swallows a heap of money that can't easily, if ever, be returned through a sale.....most people do this with the intent of keeping the car till doomsday which is fair enough. The big problem comes when a sale is needed and you have to convince others to value your vehicle like you do. This isn't impossible but the pages of Unique Cars and Just Cars are littered with failed attempts to do so, where the claimed cost of work completed is a fraction of the asking price.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to the skirt police , I doubt I'd get away with anything else on four wheels...even a skateboard. I could possibly get away with a Cit though as she wouldn't notice globs of the good green stuff on the driveway as it is already covered in sump oil and glycol from the Renault.
    Last edited by BogMaster; 5th May 2004 at 08:48 AM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

Thread Information