4 Sale- RENAULT 25 GTX 1988 Auto
  • Register
  • Help

Default 4 Sale- RENAULT 25 GTX 1988 Auto

A comfortable, safe, luxury car used as an every day driver until now, as I have become the happy owner of a new manual 2 Litre Laguna.

This 25 has had over $7000 spent on it over the past 2 years, including a rebuilt auto, and has only done 275000K. Full history since 100000K.

I would call the colour Metallic Bronze, and the cloth trim is Beige and in excellent condition. Alloy wheels. Tow bar rarely used, but good rear protector!

The sound system is perfect, the climate control is good, all instruments work, even the fuel gauge and speedo!!!

Tyre are good, new exhaust, fuel pump, electronic ignition control module, accelerator cable, front rotors and discs, rear wheel cylinders, starter motor, ball joints, caster bar bushes, speedo recon.

Motor excellent, topend done 48000 back, does not use or leak oil, and regularly returns 8.1 litres per 100K on interstate trips at an AVERAGE speed of 100KPH.

A good opportunity for someone who wants to get in, turn the key and drive.
    RWC, 6 months reg., and Haynes manual. A car to be proud of!

I am asking $4000 or CLOSE offer. Car is in Templestowe, Vic.

John.

Advertisement
    Last edited by JohnMasefield; 8th May 2004 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Spare engine computer no longer available.

1000+ Posts

Everyone,

This has complete and utter rubbish.

I have split the thread. The original ad stays where it was, and the rubbish part is now in the Toad Pond where it belongs.

Good luck with the sale John. Don't worry about the nit pickers...

Derek
    Super Mod

Default 25 GTX still for sale

Maybe this time I will only hear from genuinely interested persons. I have tried to copy and paste 2 relevant thread items to describe my car.

John Masefield
    Tadpole

Member #: 2181

A comfortable, safe, luxury car used as an every day driver until now, as I have become the happy owner of a new manual 2 Litre Laguna.

This 25 has had over $7000 spent on it over the past 2 years, including a rebuilt auto, and has only done 275000K. Full history since 100000K.

I would call the colour Metallic Bronze, and the cloth trim is Beige and in excellent condition. Alloy wheels. Tow bar rarely used, but good rear protector!

The sound system is perfect, the climate control is good, all instruments work, even the fuel gauge and speedo!!!

Tyre are good, new exhaust, fuel pump, electronic ignition control module, accelerator cable, front rotors and discs, rear wheel cylinders, starter motor, ball joints, caster bar bushes, speedo recon.

Motor excellent, topend done 48000 back, does not use or leak oil, and regularly returns 8.1 litres per 100K on interstate trips at an AVERAGE speed of 100KPH.

A good opportunity for someone who wants to get in, turn the key and drive.
    RWC, 6 months reg., and Haynes manual. A car to be proud of!

I am asking $4000 or CLOSE offer. Car is in Templestowe, Vic.

John.

Last edited by JohnMasefield : Today at 07:21 PM. Reason: Spare engine computer no longer available

Item from HAAKON
    Haakon
    Fellow Frogger!

Member #: 727

I'll just throw my 2 cents in here. I have seen and been lucky enough to have driven this machine and it is without a doubt one of the best original condition R25s you will find in Oz. It has been well loved and maintained on a no expense spared basis since new and is a credit to all its owners.

It has only a couple of minor issues to address to make it PERFECT! Even if you dont want it as a classic car, it is a lot of everyday driver for the money (I personally think it would be shame to drive it as a shopping trolley, it needs to be appreciated more than that...).

My advice John - sit on it (let the rego lapse if need be and store it) and wait until the right buyer comes along, which they will eventually. It really is worth the money and deserves it. Put it the classic car mags as mentioned and ensure your advertising is national. There is someone out there who is willing to pay the measly 4 grand you are asking

Item from Ken Fuego

Kenfuego
    Fellow Frogger!

Member #: 953

Gosh, I missed this one!!

I did get a look at John's car at the French Car Day, looked good and knowing John he would spare no expense on having his car in top condition. He is also one of the "real" guys that will go out of his way to help a fellow frogger find a way to get parts for his car or give helpful advice.

One thing that we need to do is understand that within the various marques on this Forum, there are members spending thousands of dollars above the so called "market price"

I know of one Fuego owner that is completely stripping his car out and refurbishing it from the ground up, building his dream car, and probably one that when it is finished could not be sold at cost price of the project.

I also met the owner of another Fuego at the French Car day which has just 60,000 km on the clock (He only drives it once a week) and has had it since new, I suppose some idiot would offer him a stupid price too.

I always figure that guys that offer peanuts for another persons treasure are the same ones that spend nothing on a car and still want gold for it when they sell, these are the takers of the world. They rarely do much for their fellow froggers. (in a real or constructive way)

Knowing a fair number of the participants in this "storm in a hub cap" I do appreciate those that are always willing to help, and thanks to our moderators who do a largely thankless task in helping the group keep on an even keel, or when the humour (we have some beauties on this group!!) gets out of hand!!

Hopefully no one will be too bruised by the experience.

Ken. (Bloody Fuego owner!!)

PLEASE only contribute to this thread if you are a possible purchaser, and even then a PM would be wiser. Dont want to start another bushfire!

Thanks
    John.

Thread Information