Pug 1980 504 GL for sale "Ruby"
  • Register
  • Help

Default Pug 1980 504 GL for sale "Ruby"

A girl at work has finally decided to give up her beloved 1980 GL 504 "Ruby" Its red of course, in need of a fair bit of work. I think the rear brakes need doing and there is some rust in the subframe (?) The engine is OK except I belive it still has the Solex carbie in which is giving a bit of trouble (cuts out when stopping at lights ect.) Basically, she cant afford to fix it properly, she dosent owe anything on it and Its out of rego..great sales pitch huh! She would rather sell it for a small amount rather than scrap it she mentioned $1000 as a price. Reasonable? any intrest?
    Cheers
    Tristan

Advertisement

Let her know that something approaching $500 is a more realistic starting price, considering your description...
    Ben.
    _ _________________ _
    A very fun 1997 manual 406 ST
    A lovely 2006 407 HDi Executive

Quote Originally Posted by boodek
    Let her know that something approaching $500 is a more realistic starting price, considering your description...
    Yeah, I kinda agree, It does however have a cool sticker of a semi naked girl in the corner of the windscreen, thats gotta add to the price!

Thought I'd post some pics, see if that generates anymore intrest!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pug 1980 504 GL for sale "Ruby"-504interior.jpg   Pug 1980 504 GL for sale "Ruby"-504rear.jpg   Pug 1980 504 GL for sale "Ruby"-504front.jpg  

Hard to tell from the photo... but is the bonnet unlatched on one side or is there frontal damage?

A good car if that rust isn't too bad... bigger tunnel to make it ideal for fitting a nice easy to get BA10/5.

I suspect the problem with the stalling at lights might be the valve in the brake power booster line.

And if nothing else, Shobbzy will buy the tacho...

Fellow Frogger!

Default dreamin

$1000 ! bythe look of it she would be lucky to get a grand for it with 12 months rego and 4 new tyres no rego you got problems, unless there exceptional & manual. $200 is the going price 'sans martriculation' just ask any mid east gent I went to quite a bit of trouble and expense to keep our ex 404's in survey, it is a bit of a shame to let the rego go, handing the plates in is a virtual death warrant. Mohamad will be around tomorrow if he hasn't allready come knockin regards cane toad

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the arabs will come knocking but surely there is some way to keep the car in this country

each one we save from them is another one we get to keep either on the road or for our own dwindling parts supply

anyway has that car been resprayed as red 504's were pretty rare
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Fellow Frogger!

Default rare or what

It is the same colour as young Ruperts and his is also a fuel injected 5 speed all original and still going strong regards cane toad

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by cane toad
    $1000 ! bythe look of it she would be lucky to get a grand for it with 12 months rego and 4 new tyres no rego you got problems, unless there exceptional & manual. $200 is the going price 'sans martriculation' just ask any mid east gent I went to quite a bit of trouble and expense to keep our ex 404's in survey, it is a bit of a shame to let the rego go, handing the plates in is a virtual death warrant. Mohamad will be around tomorrow if he hasn't allready come knockin regards cane toad

It looks excellent from the photos, I've always liked the late red 504s.
    I'd be tempted if it was in Melbourne.
    Ray, do all the late 504s have bigger tunnels? This looks like a manual car.

Graham wallis

never seen that colour before - closest was a burgandy '81 model I bought for bits. I too wish it was local as I would be mighty tempted...
    Looks in above average condition and would surely be worth the money she wants, at least in Victoria. Last two 504s I sold were for 3 and 4 grand.
    Last edited by Haakon; 6th May 2004 at 05:31 PM.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

99.9% sure its all original paint wise, and it did get new tyres just before it was pulled off the road. If she gets registered, she might like on more road trip to Victoria.......free delivery! Oh yeah, it is a slushbox unfortunatly

The tacho is mine. Car is a bit far away.

Still on the lookout for a local one.

As for the car price, not sure. Guess it depends on the difference between the "on the road price" and the "stay on the road longer than a week and not get pulled over for failing a road worthy".

I don't know how this car shapes up but that is how i would price the older cars

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    It looks excellent from the photos, I've always liked the late red 504s.
    I'd be tempted if it was in Melbourne.
    Ray, do all the late 504s have bigger tunnels? This looks like a manual car.

Graham wallis

as far as i know graham it's just the auto bodies that have the larger tunnel

well put it this way every 504 auto i have seen or had have been larger in the tunnel compared to the manual 504's

all the early ones i have had have been manual so i don't know if early auto's had the bigger tunnel but i do know the 75-> cars have in auto
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

No, the later manuals don't have the larger tunnel... but I wouldn't be surprised if the ZF auto models might have had the smaller tunnel.

I will keep my eye on these things and see if I can ever get a straight answer on it...

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    as far as i know graham it's just the auto bodies that have the larger tunnel

well put it this way every 504 auto i have seen or had have been larger in the tunnel compared to the manual 504's

all the early ones i have had have been manual so i don't know if early auto's had the bigger tunnel but i do know the 75-> cars have in auto

The early local cars had the ZF auto so wouldn't have needed the larger tunnel. I guess we can say that all but the earliest local 504 autos had the larger tunnel. You can't fit a Borg Warner to a 505 without a bit of hammer work!
    There's no problem with space on the driver's side but I found it hard to stay in the seat on the passenger's side when we took my converted auto out on some rally surveying. This was due to my right foot being pushed across by the extended tunnel.

Graham Wallis

Fellow Frogger!

Well it might be worth a few bob in VIC ,always been a bit more style south of the border, but in fast buck Sydney town I reckon she will be battling to get $500 I hope she does get more because that will make all the other ones that much more valuable and then they won't disapear overseas so readily I don't like to see them going any more than the next bloke but if we keep sending them to the crusher you can't blame people from making use of them it is a shame they are not appreciated as much here as they obviously must be in the middle east. regards cane toad

Fellow Frogger!

So what has happened to dear Ruby? Gone to a good home or on her way os I hope it is the former she has a better chance of being sold if she is on page one regards cane toad

yeah... is there any update on Ruby's status?? id be very interested if the price were to come down, but i dont wanna offend anyone by offering a low price (yes, ive read that renault thread!)

whats the story??
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

She's still waiting for a good home, "Ruby" is currently living at a mechanics house who nicely got her up to rego spec for free..The price is flexible, I'll find out for sure.

so shes got apink slip now???

hmmmmm...

ill get back to ya shortly...
    1992 mi16
    Toyota aware driver
    there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots..

Thread Information