MELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Only19

Thread: MELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!

Default MELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!

Hi all: selling on behalf of a friend & neighbour (and fellow Renault tragic) who has run away to the US for love ... and left three Renaults with me to sell for him!! (Long story).

Would suit those looking for a cheap & interesting first car or someone wanting to have a low-cost mid-life crisis convertible for next summer ….

MELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-closed.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-folding.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-folded.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-rear.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-interior-2.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-interior-1.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-dash-1.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-dash-2.jpgMELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-wheel.jpg

Quick Details:
    2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual, 2L petrol. 96,000km. Silver.

The good.

• Is the hardtop second series that started that year, not the previous ‘rag-top’ series that finished in 2004;
    • No leaks – since arriving at my place has been parked, and driven, in the rain and car is totally dry & smell free;
    • 96,000 km;
    • Drives well – motor smooth and gearbox easy to use;
    • Interior in good condition throughout;
    • 2 key cards;
    • Leather interior;
    • All electrics appear to work;
    • Registered till Dec 2017;
    • Electric roof works smoothly except for one glitch – see below;
    • Paint in excellent condition (if only it was all the same shade! See below);

The bad

Advertisement

• Rain flap for open hatch need adjusting so it falls in under, instead of over, the boot lid when opening. (Easy to push it down a bit when it reaches that point – just annoying!);
    • Rear quarter panels are a slightly different shade of silver to the doors. Guessing it has had some form of accident repair in the past. (Seems a problem with the particular silver colour when repaired – since noticing it, have seen a couple of other silver Meganes of that era with the same problem!);
    • Needs a wheel alignment (pulls slightly to the right when driving);
    • Glovebox randomly won’t open;
    • Driver’s seat adjustment spring needs replacing so when adjusting it pushes forward instead of falling back;
    • One dented alloy rim. (See pic);
    • Would be due for a timing belt (these are 4 yearly) – about $800 to have replaced;
    • Heat shroud for air intake missing (ham-fisted mechanic hiding his stuff-up??);
    • Front A pillar trims screwed at bottom to adjacent trim (WTF!!?? – presume the clips got broken at some stage??)
    • A few dings & scratches – definitely not a concourse car.

Price? MAKE AN OFFER! Paul (its owner) is keen to sell, and I am keen to get my backyard back before it and it’s mates kill the grass!!!

My contact details:
    email: [email protected]
    Phone: (03) 9596 3600

Cheers
    Bryce
    markb2501 likes this.
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

Been driving the car a bit since posting this ad: (only because I feel I should be able to answers questions about it, NOT because I am having a mid-life crisis in disguise ).

Anyway, back to the reasons for this post:
    (a) I think I have been a bit harsh on it! Only ding in it is a parking one on the drivers door. (see pic). All else good. Panel colour shade variation is not particularly bad, and is limited to LH quarter panel to door comparison.
    MELB: 2004 Renault Megane hard-top cabriolet. 6 speed manual. MAKE AN OFFER!-door-ding.jpg
    (b) Have also posted it on OzRenaultSport and needed to put a price on it there, so suggesting that Paul is looking for offers around $3500. But he is negotiable. (Mind-you, for this mileage and age: these things seem to go for 6 - 9k on CarSales - so at $3500 it is very cheap).

Regards
    Bryce

Hi all - Paul is back in town and car is being sent to auction in the next week or so: so if you want to buy it at an auction like price but with rego and not have to go through the VicRoads process to rereg etc - be quick, this is your last chance!

Hi all - letting you know it's gone.

Thread Information