2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 2 Post By jaahn
  • 2 Post By jaahn

Thread: 2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !

1000+ Posts

Default 2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !

I have a 2CV project for sale! It is a 1978 2CV6, Type AZ, series KA. RHD .
    It needs full restoration and is not going nor assembled mechanically. It was previously registered in NSW, 2002 sticker on the window, and the RTA renewal paper is provided. It has seatbelts fitted as standard ?

The body has some rust in the usual places, as well as a few places visible. The chassie condition is unknown but has cracks and some deformation on the front support horns. Probably needs removing and welding or replacing entirely as usual. The roof fabric has given up. The front electricals are disconnected and a mystery. The car would best be described currently as a complete rolling body, so can be moved and trailered.

The motor is out and in parts, needs cleaning and inspecting and reassembly. I believe all the bits are there and gaskets etc to do the job. Been sitting in parts for some years and has a replacement crankshaft to replace the original faulty item. There is also second assembled motor included. Been sitting too but was rebuilt quite some years ago by someone else.
    The gearbox/clutch/driveshafts/are not fitted but also believed to be complete and working. Some new boots etc probably required. A second gearbox is also included.
    There are spare wheels with tires and some unfitted tires also. Older of course. An owners book in poor condition, a Haynes manual, and some copies of downloaded Citroen manuals are supplied. Some other bibs and bobs are also supplied that were obtained from here and there.

The vehicle was purchased in dismantled condition, quite some years ago. Parts and additional units were purchased by myself. However it has not progressed, rather it has regressed over the years in my carport, so is now being offered for 'expressions of interest'. A figure of $4000 springs to my mind for the vehicle and spares as it sits ! Not a project for the faint-hearted, nor a quick bog, paint and flog job. Serious commitment required. Contact by PM-email in the first instance. The vehicle and owner are located in the Newcastle area.
    Jaahn
    2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.09.30.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.11.01.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.10.26.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.19.25.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.11.32.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.15.52.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.18.39.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.17.30.jpg2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.17.38.jpg

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2CV project for sale. Full restoration required. Not going !-2017-05-01-10.11.15.jpg  
    Last edited by jaahn; 1st May 2017 at 12:13 PM.
    Buttercup1955 likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    Well I had reserved a page in my phone book for names and contacts for the expressions of interest !! However nothing, YET
    Where are all those people who are looking, 392 at last count ?? Cat got your tongue
    Since I posted there have been a succession of BORING CARS put in front of it. Not even requiring an oil change to help you learn some mechanical expertise. COME ON have a look at least MAKE MY DAY !
    Jaahn
    Bad Bertie and gerrypro like this.

1000+ Posts

Default lurkers we are watching you :(

Hi
    Time again for an uplift. The add has fallen off the first page, displaced by lots of worthy but boring old cars. I note the lookers have gone over the 1000 mark. Is buying a car on AF a spectator sport ????? Well perhaps in my experience everyone would like one of those but rarely does get the hands dirty.
    Well I do actually have a looker due today, hooray ! We will see what he thinks. You other 999+ may miss out if you do not move immediately
    Jaahn
    Last edited by jaahn; 4th June 2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Bad Bertie and stefan like this.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    well as a salesman might have said "first to see will buy"
    Sold !
    Sorry lookers and lurkers. Next one perhaps
    Jaahn

Thread Information