Peugeot 205 GTi 1987 (White) Registering Interest
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lion5

Thread: Peugeot 205 GTi 1987 (White) Registering Interest

Default Peugeot 205 GTi 1987 (SOLD)

hey guys

So it's highly likely i'm moving to Europe for a permanent role very soon. So i'm just sorting out interest in my 205 now. Because i then have to prepare to sell my daily 206 as well.

Advertisement

This is this old thread: F.S. 1987 Peugeot 205 GTI in White

There's lots that i've done to it since then, and lots I believe still remaining to be done. Will put up a list of sorts later this week.

Ideally i'd like to sell it as a one (with all the spares listed above, and spare engine + gearbox I have)
    This is not a spares car. It's too good for one.

Ok:

It is not registered:
    Plan was to put it down as a 30 year old this year given new NSW laws.

Current issues:
    3rd gear has slight synchro problems i believe, and has had them since purchase. This is why i purchased a BE1 off Graham W which I have cleaned and was ready to put in but wanted
    Wheels need alignment as I haven't set them properly after replacing the control arms.
    I'm contemplating buying a new battery for the car. The old one ran out of water and simply caked itself from heat. Otherwise for you guys to start it i'd need to pull my 206 battery off every time.
    I'm currently using a dodgy little switch for the windscreen washer pump.

Body:
    The images in the previous post do not show the blemishes, there is a tiny patch of surface rust that sits above the rear quart window to the ceiling
    One of the front quarter panels has flakey paint, but the clear coat looks like it's still on.
    Base of the firewall that sits under the brake booster has some rust, this was due to leaking brake fluid from early days.

Mechanics:
    The car when driven is in excellent condition.
    I've replaced the entire front-end except for the suspension
    All engine mounts (stock)
    New control arms (stock)
    front brakes: 206 gti brake calipers + disc (And so they got the Si hub)
    rear brakes: ordinary drums, the shoes had life in them still from memory.
    HEL Steel braided brake lines
    I cleaned up the brake booster and painted it
    New Master Cylinder (from a 306)
    Steel linkages and bushes.
    Gear knob shattered when i was replacing the leather gater, so as it stands I haven't replaced it.
    BakerBM Silicone hoses for the cooling system.
    Baker BM oil hoses
    Fuel filter new
    I removed the SAD (not because it wasn't working, but because I wanted more room)
    I tried to start the car once every few months so i could get the oil in it moving.
    Replaced Inner and Outer CV boots of both shafts, replaced centre wheel bearing.
    Replaced boot on driver side steering, I did not do the passenger side (but boot is there).
    I replaced Deutsch connectors for the ignition end, more for fun rather than anything practical, used silicone wires instead as well for this.

Tyres:
    Tyres were put in 2 years ago, they haven't seen much driving, (< 2 weeks). They're RE002s,

Wheels:
    I have 4x 15" citroen steelies on there that are needed for the brake upgrade, and i got the stock 5x 14" French pepperpots which are immaculate.

I've accumulated more spares than what is mentioned in the previous thread namely
    A DFZ engine + engine stand that was pulled off a working car (purchased it off AF) and was on 200k apparently.
    BE1 box purchased off Graham W
    Some fog lamps (genuine) but need new bulbs
    I have an immaculate 309 GTi steering wheel that is currently on there.

I'd like it all gone and will be happy to help you move it around.

Inspection is in bauklham hills. I will put some photos up on the weekend.

I'm looking at $5000 for the lot
    Last edited by lion5; 25th March 2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Shitty photos i took this morning just so you know what it looks like now..
    I'll do some bonnet photos and internal stuff on the weekend.
    As you can see i've only restored the front trim. The rest i haven't been arsed to do.

Pour le peuple colonisé, la valeur la plus essentielle, parce que la plus concrète, c'est d'abord la terre: la terre qui doit assurer le pain et, bien sûr, la dignité.

Car sold and picked up
    BIGRR likes this.

To mitch and nick i've been trying to contact both you guys via mobile since the26th of last month but i've received no responses.

Are you guys alive? could you please get back to me. I really need to clear the rest of the spares.

I really don't have the time to be farting around waiting for the spares to disappear.

I might otherwise sell them separately. Will give you until next weekend to contact me. I've moved all the stuff from my house to the garage so it's easier for you guys to collect them, I am not going to move them all back to clear up space.

Thread Information