405 srdt for sale whole
  • Register
  • Help

Default 405 srdt for sale whole

Much loved and much used 405 SRDT for sale as whole car (542,000 plus kms including lots of highway kms).

Same owner last 19 years who has little mechanical ability but may suit someone who does.

Car currently in eastern suburbs of Sydney, still Qld registered and driveable but to be sold unregistered.

Has many issues including but not limited to using about 1l oil per 100km (maybe head maybe lines to or from turbo charger according to who you talk to), some rust round front and rear windscreen (assumed galvanising damaged when glass replaced) turbo may need overhaul, suspension tired, one door window motor needs replacing, door locks playing up, clutch may not be to your liking (seems to have lots of life left but not much play), fuel pump may need replacing (car starts first go when parked level or downhill but not uphill) etc, etc, etc). Timing belt due May 2017 or at 580,280km whichever comes first.

New tyres (Yoko's AE-01) put on at 520,280km, front (534,414km) and rear (528,635km) brakes overhauled by Euroserve over last 12 months. New battery installed Nov 2016 with 2 year warranty from RACQ (not sure if warranty transferable).

Happy to drive it to a new home within reasonable distance.

Advertisement

What offers?

Car (which was written off by insurer only suffered panel damage and I bought it back) now advertised on Car Sales with additional information:

Still drives well … Car has hail and other damage, …. injection pump previously overhauled ...

Rather donate car to a good cause, non-private training institution or charity than it go to wreckers or scrapyard.

Much prefer it to the 2015 Golf I bought that I now regret. Buying another Peugeot deposit paid.

Not in advertisement - If I haven't disposed of the car by this Sunday 19 March 2017 I am taking it to the NSW Peugeot Club Tyrekickers Day at Newington Reserve Slough Avenue Silverwater and inviting Expressions of Interest with intent to give the car away to what I consider the best cause subject to me getting a lift to the nearest train station.

As another member of this forum volunteers (and wishes to remain anonymous) at the Adelaide Christmas Party for Special Children each year I have decided I am giving this car free to a purchaser who buys a minimum $300 sponsorship in their name for this event. If you are in business and depending on your location your business will get mentioned twice (more often the more money you give) on your local radio station and your sponsorship should be tax deductible.

More details of the event can be found at:

https://www.christmasparty.com.au

I had a look at the websites of some of the other states' events and their sponsors and appreciate the Adelaide crowd could do with some financial help for their event.

If you want to stay anonymous (or can't claim a tax deduction) I will seek permission from Aussie Frogs to say they are the sponsors.

Aussie Frogs has been a great resource for me so I am also happy to contribute towards an Aussie Frog sponsorship for the event if other members want to do so too.

Car will be available for inspection tomorrow Sunday, March 19 at Peugeot Club of NSW event:10:30am Tyre Kicker's day

WhenSun, March 19, 10:30am – 12:00pm (day continues till 1:30pm)
    WhereNewington Reserve, Slough Ave, Silverwater NSW 2128

Car now for sale by Dutch auction (price will keep going down until someone buys it)

Today's price $200 (car now has blown heater hose leaking coolant so can't go too far from eastern suburbs Sydney to deliver it).

Price this week $100

Car now advertised on Gumtree with pics:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/vauc...22?posted=true

Car no longer available.

Have taken up draftpunk's advice and donated car to Kids Under Cover charity.

Manheim auction their cars for them for free and the sale price is tax deductible for you (they send you a receipt). https://www.kuc.org.au/get-involved/donate-your-car/

Thread Information