FS: 1999 306 GTi-6
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default FS: 1999 306 GTi-6

Hey All,

Sorry to forum crash, but if anyone will love this car like it should continued to be loved, you guys will..

My g/fs 1999 GTi-6 is for sale

Advertisement

Details are as follows:

1 Lady owner, non smoker, always garaged, Black, 2 litre 124 Kw, 6 spd manual, Factory sunroof, Factory Peugeot Sport Quad Headlights (rare) Full Peugeot Dealer Service History, FM901's, Leather/Suede Interior, Clarion in dash CD player, Immaculate Condition, 88 000Km (has had cam belt change). 11 1/2 months rego.

Never had a problem with the car, and is fantastic. Don't want to sell, but have no room for 4 cars

Located Lower North Shore Sydney.

$ 24 K negotiable, but not much

Tyre Kickers will be beaten around the head with a blunt instrument..

Please PM me, or call 0402 346865 and leave a message.

Cheers

Rowdy

I've been driven in this car and it's very neat. I considered buying it but wasn't in a position to do so.

Good luck with the sale Paul (and Katie)

Now Paul, you better nick off out of this forum before your palms get hairy, or something

Why don't you buy it, Brenno?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    I've been driven in this car and it's very neat. I considered buying it but wasn't in a position to do so.

Good luck with the sale Paul (and Katie)

Now Paul, you better nick off out of this forum before your palms get hairy, or something
    Brendan - you've been driven in just about every GTi6 in Sydney it seems!
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Hehe seems like it doesn't it? If I were female I'd be labelled a car slut =)

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    Why don't you buy it, Brenno?
    It would make sense wouldn't it? I guess it just comes down to having owned a couple of 306's previously and wanting something different.

Having driven this car many times I can vouch for how good it is.

I doubt there is a better GTi6 in Sydney.

If someone is looking for an immaculate example, this would be the one to buy.

Good luck with selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    It would make sense wouldn't it? I guess it just comes down to having owned a couple of 306's previously and wanting something different.
    Yeah, and you can own this one for a couple years and then get a Clio... you've never owned a GTi6. Never. What are you waiting for?

And don't mention "lease" to me :p
    - Lincoln

what head unit is that?

Tadpole

Thanks Darren, brenno..
    I have to say if we could keep it, we would, but we have to sell ( it's a very happy/sad kinda feeling).

Carn Brenno you know you wanna... ( not that we'd sell it to someone with your dress sense )

purrr-geot I'm not sure what model the head unit is- I don't doubt we have the manual for it here. Buy it and you get the manual too!!

It's just a single CD Clarion from, I guess, 1999. The display is perfect, it has detachable face and the sound quality is good. Also comes with a 10 inch MTX sub in a ported enclosure which is fully, and easily removable- takes about 10 seconds.

Cheers

Rowdy

I'm just wondering what made you change the factory single CD head unit for a different one? Did you notice much change from the factory unit?
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Tadpole

N5GTi-6 I have just been informed (cos I wasn't around then) that the stock Pug system sounded crap, and looked crap, and thus it was all binned for the Clarion plus front Xplod speakers ( in factory locations) and tweeters with the sub for a useful improvement..

Darren would be able to elaborate further I'm sure..

Cheers

Rowdy

Tadpole

SOLD....

Thanks for the interest guys

Rowdy

Congrats on the sale.

I bought a white gti6 about 6 months ago, but I really do like how good the gti6 looks in black. Diablo red looks superb as well. I'd been looking for a low km black car for ages but to no avail. Ahh well, I love my 'napisan white' (as Rek calls it ) car.

btw I have seen one other 306 (I think it was an xt) around Adelaide which had those round 'laser tx3' style headlights on it. I prefer the original lens myself and definitely won't be putting them on, but I am curious, did peugeot offer those as an option or is it a custom jobbie?
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Black Peugeots are a nightmare. A friggin nightmare.
    - Lincoln

The quad headlight setup on that car was a factory option.

The car was ordered like that.

Black Peugeots are a nightmare. A friggin nightmare.
    Whys that?

Thats a really nice car, I've wanted to buy one of these for a long time, I can afford to buy it. but cannot afford to insure it at 20yrs old.
    The quad lights look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason20
    Whys that?

Thats a really nice car, I've wanted to buy one of these for a long time, I can afford to buy it. but cannot afford to insure it at 20yrs old.
    The quad lights look awesome.
    Sure, they look great. But black cars show up every little sratch, dint, chip and swirl marks. They look great from 10m, but up close they are heart breakers. Peugeot black appears more susceptible to chips and marking more than other colours in the range. I'd only touch black again if it was a metallic black, rather than the solid pack. It's really hard work making a black car look good. I just detailed GTI124 on the weekend, I'll have some pics up soon. It looks great in the pics!
    - Lincoln

Sure, they look great. But black cars show up every little sratch, dint, chip and swirl marks. They look great from 10m, but up close they are heart breakers. Peugeot black appears more susceptible to chips and marking more than other colours in the range. I'd only touch black again if it was a metallic black, rather than the solid pack. It's really hard work making a black car look good. I just detailed GTI124 on the weekend, I'll have some pics up soon. It looks great in the pics!
    I really like the metallic charcoal dark dark grey that I've seen on a 307. Having a black car would give me an excuse to spend every spare minute with the car. Of course the missus would leave me..first she'd crack my head open like an egg..and then leave me.
    Also the aircon would certainly get a workout on a black car in summer I bet..especially in Adelaide.

- 306 gti6

rek

Quote Originally Posted by jastanis
    I love my 'napisan white' (as Rek calls it ) car.
    The credit for that name must go to Justin I forget what he called the special hue of white when he saw my car in its normal, dirty as heck, state. (and just to add insult to injury, a gleaming white GTi6 happened to drive past as he noticed my car was not quite a 'whiter white', to make it all the more obvious.. )

IMO the nicest colours are the 405 Mi16 gunmetal grey, and the 306 dark metallic blue.
    Last edited by rek; 20th April 2004 at 09:51 PM.
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

The brihgt red looks pretty good in GTi6 form. Saw a 2000 one of those in Maroubra on the weekend. Wow.
    - Lincoln

The brihgt red looks pretty good in GTi6 form. Saw a 2000 one of those in Maroubra on the weekend. Wow.
    I've seen a bright red one before at Taylors here, I agree, it looks fantastic in that colour. Other than that, I haven't seen any bloody gti6's driving around in Adelaide. They must all live in the hills and only come out to play at night on the winding roads....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by rek
    The credit for that name must go to Justin I forget what he called the special hue of white when he saw my car in its normal, dirty as heck, state.
    Aha, the facade has been washed away! It's funny how cars at any AF gathering seem to be in concourse condition.

Gee, didn't you know it was risky turning up to a French Car Day like that

I remember you said it looked a bit more like gunmetal white It wasn't that bad, you know how in detergent ads they always have the magically vivid whites and colours when washed with the 'My Brand' detergent and they somehow look a wee bit sadder in the example with the 'Another Leading Brand' detergent.

It was a bit like that - some sort of white, the Other White, just not the genuine Napisan White!

(and just to add insult to injury, a gleaming white GTi6 happened to drive past as he noticed my car was not quite a 'whiter white', to make it all the more obvious.. )
    Lordy, that was funny!

IMO the nicest colours are the 405 Mi16 gunmetal grey, and the 306 dark metallic blue.
    Which dark metallic blue? China Blue is the normal deep metallic blue - that's my colour.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Tadpole

Bah black ain't that bad... OK so if you really look you can see swirl marks, etc, but if the light is right you can see those on any car, even new ones..

I've got a black commodore ute, and it's far, far worse than the Pug for all this stuff. It seems to get flithier much quicker too.. but I don't exactly baby it anymore...

Black RX-8 arrives tomorrow, and we'll see what that's like :lol:

Rowds

Rowds, I would've been interested to see the condition of the black on your GTi6 there, to compare it to my old one. Mine really suffered from chipping and deep scratches.
    Last edited by GTI124; 22nd April 2004 at 10:17 PM.
    - Lincoln

Rowds, I would've been interested to see the condition of the black on your GTi6 there, to compare it to my old one. Mine really suffered from chipping and deep scratches. It'll probably get resprayed in 18 months.
    About how much does a decent respray cost?

- 306 gti6

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information