205 gti/306 wanted
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon4 205 gti/306 wanted

I am interested in any 205 gti's or 306's in victoria with low km's for around $8000-$9000. If any one is selling any please contact Cameron Elvey at [email protected] or ring (03) 5286 1273.

Thanks.

Advertisement

any one? quick befor im forced to get a hyundai!!!

AHhhhhh hyungay HELL NO

this car is the answer to all your probs
    expression of interest:Pug 306xt-1996 N3

you wouldnt do that for 9k wouldnt you? if you would i'd love to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by camlv
    you wouldnt do that for 9k wouldnt you? if you would i'd love to get it.
    Sorry mate , maybe by the end of the year i'd consider 9k.

What is the 306 market like at the moment? Last time i checked the market seems to be flooded with 306 xt & xr's. Not good for sellers obivously but good for buyers like yourself.

I'd assume for 9k you would be looking at getting a 94 model 306xr am i right? Or a kindof ok s3 205gti? If you ask me i'd probably go for a s3 205gti. It may be a few years older but it would hold its price better than a 306 would.

A
    Where r u gonna fina a S3 for 9 ginos?
    You still think they're Datto's don't cha?

yeah i didnt think so. Theres a few 94 XR's and XT's around. I would be lucky to get a S3 205 gti for $9k maybe a S1 but i cant find any with low kms. I'll just wait untill one comes up and try to not resort to something japanise.
    Last edited by camlv; 16th April 2004 at 04:46 PM.

yeah i didnt think so. Theres a few 94 XR's and XT's around. I would be lucky to get a S3 205 gti for $9k maybe a S1 but i ct to getting ant find any with low kms. I'll just wait untill one comes up and try to not resorsomething japanise.
    Don't move to the dark side!

Seriously though, KMs shouldn't be an issue with a 205. I originally was in the same position as you, looking for one with low kms, ended up scoring one with 205,000kms, that had recently enjoyed a big time overhaul, and was in mint condition.

As many people here will vouch for, you're better off to pick up something with reasonable kms (average aussie does like 15k kms+ a year, so 200k kms is reasonable) and a good history, with well time maintenance, than some of these sketchy ones you see with less than 150,000, and have seen major work!

You should be able to get a good S1/S2 for that sort of money - buy it over the 306 too, it'll be well worth it!

Nick

Only thing is i need to convince my parents this because the are paying for a bit of the car and they wornt take a bar of it. looks like I might end up with a seat ibiza that they have found witch is better then some rice car and i might get a S3 205 gti when i have a bit more money.
    Last edited by camlv; 16th April 2004 at 09:02 PM.

Hey Spud, I work in the car business. I have just traded a 95 Ibiza for $3000. How we got that much for it I got no idea. It's got a broken everything.
    This is a dumb purchase for you. Its a golf, and thats fine, but all the fittings are Spanish and crappy and they break, and it will never ever be worth anything.
    Smack your parents round the chops a bit , and buy a 306

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick
    Hey Spud, I work in the car business. I have just traded a 95 Ibiza for $3000. How we got that much for it I got no idea. It's got a broken everything.
    This is a dumb purchase for you. Its a golf, and thats fine, but all the fittings are Spanish and crappy and they break, and it will never ever be worth anything.
    Smack your parents round the chops a bit , and buy a 306
    Word to smacking parents round the chops eh warwick!

I agree - if your parents want something new, and particularly reliable, a 306 XT/XR has to be to go. Mind you those 16V Ibiza GTis have some poke - I think they are still $10-15k mind you. 306s are practical, solid, reliable, and pretty fun. Not as fun as a 205, but if it was 306 or Seat, I know where I'd be sitting.

Nick

Icon5

how many people here have a 306 above 200,000km? for the people who do what has gone wrong with it? Do they honestly last ages? i need some convincing!!!

I met someone who reckons it's the Seat Ibiza Cupra Sport that's the real spiritual successor to the 205 GTi!

I suspect it's a little different to the weedy old 1.4 44kW powered CLX

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I'd have to agree the 306 xt is a very reliable car. I've done 136000k's & no major issues at all. Major service is due at 160,000ks.

The best thing about purchasing 2nd hand xt & xr is that these cars are have only had one or two owners, a few of whom are 60 year old females whom drive these cars at a slow rate from home to the shops & then to the tennis club. I bought my car of a lovely couple in Nth Balwyn. Whom took good care of it & gave it to reagans for service.

Fun factor, definetly not in 205 territory but a hoot to drive, it's very much a drivers car, just a tad slow. Put it this way, i went for a drive with a few mates whom got skylines 180's ect & whilst the flew into space on the straight stuff i'd take sharp corners with full confidence (i'm not a very good a driver either) while the nismo brigade closed their eyes, braked hard & somehow got their cars to turn.

Plus chicks dig guys with peugeots not seats

There is a 1994 306 S16 with 185,000 km for $7990 in the age!!!! but thats to many k's for my dad, it might of not been looked after as well as a XT or a XR but it still should be right. I dont think its going to happen though, i will have to keep looking. What about 205 si's? are they a bit boaring? they only have about 65 kw dont they?

hmmm s16 If thats the red one then thats actually being sold in South Aus & has been advertised for ages, for some reason its advertised in Vic. The S16, would be a great car to drive 205gti class for sure, would require greater care & maintenance than the xt though.

205si's too boring in my opinion, from what i've read & seen they too seem to chug along quite reliably though.

Nahh its a blue one in melbourne, it was in yesterdays age.

I have seen some alright looking 505's for sale are they any good?

I have seen some alright looking 505's for sale are they any good?
    What type of 505, gr,sr sti, gti?

My dads owned all variations of them & had a love-hate relationship with all of them.They are a fairly old car know i'd encourage you to stick it out with a 306 or 205. Have you considered a 405sri? However im sure there are alot of people on these forums who would tell you about all the pro's of owning one.

There was a very nice looking 505 gti at the french car day selling for 4.5k i think. Excellent condition outside & inside, not to mention no cracks on the fragile dashboard.

Yeah i considered a 405 but all of the manuals for sale are to expensive. Im looking at 2 306's tommorow so hopefully i will be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    205si's too boring in my opinion, from what i've read & seen they too seem to chug along quite reliably though.
    however, as someone told me theo other day at the french car festival, all the 205gti's have probably been driven hard by people like you and me , while 205si's have more than likely had a nice life going to the shops with mum...
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

there's a couple of 405 Mi16s up at Alpine Affair in Melbourne for around 9K, one's a lux pack, pretty clean, reasonable ks (~200thou). Not sure if their still for sale but you could check

Nahhh thats to many Kms, 150,000 is the magic number has to be around or below that.

What about flying to sydney and driving one back? it only costs $100 and there are alot of good value 205 gti's over there with low kms. Is this a stupid idea or is it worth me bringing another gti in Victoria?

There is a 1994 306 S16 with 185,000 km for $7990 in the age!!!! but thats to many k's for my dad, it might of not been looked after as well as a XT or a XR but it still should be right. I dont think its going to happen though, i will have to keep looking. What about 205 si's? are they a bit boaring? they only have about 65 kw dont they?
    $8k for an S16 is an extremely low price, it must be in pretty ordinary shape for that money. S16's require careful maintenance, they are higher maintenance than an XT/XR....so dont buy one unless it has a full history and has been looked after. I reckon it'd be a dog for $8k, unless the owner has gambling debts he has to pay or something!

I'm selling my S16 at the moment, but it's probably outta your price range, im wanting $14.5 for it (its immaculate). There's a post in the for sale thread

Damien

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information